Reload this Page >

Jules Verne Dress Code for Lunch

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 09:21 AM
Shelli

Please help! We're trying to pack! We will be dining at the Jules Verne for lunch next week. Does my husband need to wear a sports jacket or would a nice leather be okay?

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 09:53 AM
ira

I suggest a sports jacket at a minimum. If he were to wear a tie, he might get a better table.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 09:54 AM
ira

PS<BR>Are you going to wear a leather jacket and blue jeans, too? ((%&gt)

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Clif

I agree with Ira. We were there for lunch several weeks ago. The majority of the men were wearing at least jackets. I wore a jacket with sweater and we had a window seat. But, there were some people in jeans also. As for the rest of Paris, wear the same thing you would at home. Especially jeans!

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Shelli

Thanks for the help! I told him the same thing, but men sometimes don't listen!

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 11:48 AM
xxx

It is a first class restaurant. He should dress like a grown up!

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 01:06 PM
xxx

Grown ups dress in jeans also!!

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 01:42 PM
Sue

At lunch at Grand Vefour in May, every man had at least a jacket and tie, some suits.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 03:16 PM
Ira

&gt;Grown ups dress in jeans also!!&lt;<BR>True, but they know when they are appropriate.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Gretchen

It always depends on the image one has of oneself. When we were there it was coat and tie. Paris is a large city let alone one of great import. Get a life and dress accordingly when going to an exquisite venue.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 04:45 PM
xxx

Gretchen<BR>You told Shelli to "get a life"? What's that about? She HAS a life. Again, your words were to "dress accordingly" because Paris is an important city. This is the reason she asked the question to begin with! What's your agenda and why are you being so nasty?

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 04:52 PM
xxx

It's only lunch. What's wrong with jeans, cowboy boots, large belt buckle, and 10-gallon hat?<BR><BR>Seriously, unless you have an unlimited about of money, there are plenty of great, reasonable restaurants in Paris to have lunch.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Nancy

Grownups also know that it's best to dress so that one looks at least as nice as their surroundings. A nice leather jacket, with nice trousers and a nice shirt would definitely be just fine for lunch at Le Jules Vernes. Those of you who think you can appear in anything you like may just be informed at the door that your reservation just cannot be found!

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Beenthere

I would agree with the previous poster. We went there for dinner in Nov 2000 and dinner for three was $450 USD (without drinks!),a crab cake appetizer was $45, two lobster claws $75 - just as an example. Going all the way to the top of the tower is definitely worth it - but next I'd eat somewhere else.