Jeremy Minsberg-great Berlin guide

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just returned from Berlin. So glad we picked Jeremy as our guide. He is knowledgeable , has great enthusiasm, well organized , reasonably priced. He gave us great respective of Berlin present day as well as history. He was wonderful!
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 06:35 AM

This is not a trip report and smacks of advertising.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:25 PM

Another fodorite recommended this guide in august 2012
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:43 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
"<i>This is not a trip report and smacks of advertising.</i>"

I don't think so. Wordsmith has been around for several months and asked a lot of questions while planning their Berlin trip.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:48 PM

So, was Wordsmith in Berlin or D.C. in June/July? It's hard to determine from the postings.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:56 PM

"<i>o, was Wordsmith in Berlin or D.C. in June/July? It's hard to determine from the postings.</i>"

From all his posts on Europe - they were in Berlin last month. Hey - I'm as skeptical as anyone when it comes to advertising/trolls. But give wordsmith a break - he doesn't fit the mold at all.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 08:17 PM

Jeremy has been recommended on Fodors a number of times, and by long time Fodor members. Wordsmith had asked a lot of questions about Berlin and this tour was recommended to him. It might have been better if they had posted this under their previous posts or as part of a trip report, but I sure wouldn't call it advertising.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 01:19 AM

It is advertising. Trip Advisor has taken to deleting any Jeremy Minsberg promotion immediately because the Germany forum was showered with them - Jeremy actively encourages his clients to register on forums and promote him, as he himself admitted. There was a bit of a row because of that last year over there.

I recommended the same practice to Fodor's moderators but it seems they weren't listening. Let's see how many more of these ads we'll get here in the future.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 03:50 PM

Don't see what the big deal is in wanting a satisfied customer to leave positive feedback on a travel site like Tripadvisor that promotes reviews. That's how people build a business.
i found an exceptional guide for instabul two years ago from such reviews and i (at his request) posted a postive review on tripadvisor upon my return home.
These are opportunities for the 'little guys' who are out there doing good work and making an honest living.
It is not correct that all postings related to Jeremy have been removed from Tripadvisor. As of this minute there are several recommendations for him.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 06:41 PM

dperry: "<i>Don't see what the big deal is in wanting a satisfied customer to leave positive feedback on a travel site like Tripadvisor that promotes reviews. That's how people build a business . . . . These are opportunities for the 'little guys' who are out there doing good work and making an honest living. </i>"

In case you missed it, this ain't TA. We aren't here to 'build businesses' for big or little guys.

It is one thing to post a heartfelt recommendation of a B&B or guide . . . and quite another to post it because the the business solicited a glowing report. That becomes a very slippery slope.