COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Jeans In Venice?

Old Sep 26th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Jeans In Venice?

We are leaving Friday for Venice/The Lakes/Milan and the weather is calling for rain and highs of 67 degrees, lows of 51 or so.

I have black pants, but am wondering if "nice" jeans are okay in restaurants and churches.

Any other clothing tips other than comfortable shoes? I have not been to Italy in four years and am not sure how the women are dressing. I would like to go for a mix of practical and stylish.

Old Sep 26th, 2005, 12:29 PM

Hi 2Michaels, This might be helpful, scroll down to Italy.
http://www.journeywoman.com/ccc/ccc-i2.html
Also, if you would like to post your question on the BBC America's What Not to Wear board, that might be helpful. I post there, and there are a few poster's that have been to Italy. One has gone every year for the last 30 years.
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 12:41 PM

2Michals
My wife and I were just in Venice (9/10-9/14). From what I observed jeans are definitely OK anywhere you go in Venice. The stylish women are wearing nice jeans and sexy shoes. However, since this city gets a lot of cruise ships (there wer 6 docked there the day we arrived) - you can expect to see ANYTHING!!
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 12:37 PM

TUTZT00 - can you tell us more about shoes? We'll be in Venice in late October. We walk all day long when we travel, so heels are out. Plus I'm pregnant, so comfort is even more important! I have a pair of dark puma sneaks that look European - were great in Paris last year - but am wondering about a pair of nice loafers or boots? (I'm coveting a pair of western low boots, but am guessing that won't work outside of the US.) Do the streets really flood that often? No suede, then.
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 01:00 PM

I was in Venice last October and saw many people in jeans.