Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

J&J Hotel in Florence - anybody stayed there?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2006, 10:25 AM
magay

I have searched high and low for info on this place and am considering staying there in April. There is only one review on Trip Advisor and nothing else anywhere - can't even find something on this site! Has anybody stayed there or does anybody know anyone who has? I have communicated with the staff and so far have a very positive impression, but would feel just a bit better if I could find a bit more about it.

Old Feb 24th, 2006, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi magay, I am not familar with this hotel. Did you go to Google and look at the various websites there? I did and there are quite a few. Might give you a better idea if you would be happy with the J&J Hotel.
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 12:21 PM
magay

Thanks, LoveItaly, I have checked out everything I could find on the place through searches on the Web (Expedia (no individual reviews), Yahoo (1 review, the same as is on TripAdvisor), and the hotel's own web-site, but am interested in specifically any personal thoughts that a previous guest may have to share. Like "no, no, just stay away!" Or "yes, yes, it's the most fabulous place ever!" If I don't hear anything awful about it, we'll probably just stick with it. We often try to seek things somewhat off the beaten path when we go away. It just surprises me that it came near the top of the list of my hotel search on Expedia (although I got a better deal contacting them directly), but I couldn't find much info on it. Assuming we stay with it, I'll get to post my review when I get back!

Old Feb 24th, 2006, 12:27 PM
JBX

For what it's worth, there are positive comments on the venere.com website about J and J - http://www.venere.com/hotel/index.ph...4181&lg=en
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 01:06 PM

This place has gotten a few write ups in travel magazines recently...you could check the Conde Nast Traveler web site or Travel and Leisure's.
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 01:20 PM
magay

Thanks to all who replied. I don't know how I missed Venere! I definitely feel better and think we'll have a great time.

Old Feb 24th, 2006, 02:17 PM

Hi magay, Venere's is the one I read. But I have noticed that when I Google more than once on the same subject usually the same websites don't come up. Sorry, I should have mentioned Venere's to you. I think this sounds like a very good hotel, I would give it a try. Have fun, and do let us know how it was.