Hotel Recommendation--Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2003, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, I want to say that I am in no way, shape or form associated with this hotel. I am simply a VERY satisfied customer.

The Hotel Dali at Via Dell' Oriuolo, 17, Florence (about two blocks east of the Duomo) is a wonderful budget hotel. Our room was a large, clean, quiet, nicely decorated double with a private bath for 75 Euros per night. The hotel is conveniently located about 5 minutes by foot from the Duomo. Across the street is an inexpensive Internet Cafe and down the street is a small grocery store. The room included a mini-fridge, in which we were able to store drinks and snacks.

In addition to its location and amenities, the young owners of this hotel, Marco and Samanta could not have been more charming or helpful! They helped us secure museum reservations and transportation reservations. They suggested excellent restaurants, tours to towns outside of Florence, etc. Most importantly, though, they made us feel welcome and "at home", always greeting us with a smile and asking us how our day was, etc.

Please do keep in mind that this is a budget hotel. There are no phones or TVs in the room, so if that's important to you, this is not the place for you. Also, there is not AC. Finally, they do not provide breakfast.

This hotel was recommended to me by a friend and after staying there, I decided to post the hotel's information on this message board. I got the impression that they have only been open for a very few years and, as a result, most of the recognition they have received thus far is by word-of-mouth. Please do consider them when planning your next trip to Florence.

They have a website at www.hoteldali.com on which are posted pictures of several of the rooms.

Jennie

Old Oct 29th, 2003, 02:10 PM
SRS

Hi Jennie,

Just read most of your trip report - sounds like you had a wonderful trip!! Thanks for telling us about this hotel. I am in the initial stages of planning for next May and this hotel looks great.

Did you notice how many rooms they have? Also, did you happen to note the price for laundry - I see they mention it on their site?

Either way, thanks so much for sharing!

Best wishes,
SRS
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 07:03 PM

Hi Jennie, Just saw your message about the Hotel Dali and it seems fantastic from your description. I will probably make a reservation, but I just need to know if there are too many stairs. Thanks!
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 08:43 PM

mmcs go to venere.com. I just got back from Florence there is tons of availability as Florence is in the off season right now. You can also read reviews of other hotels.

I have to tell you that I too stayed in the duomo area while it is central it is also prime prime tourist area. Most of the restaurants I found in gourmet guides were out of this area. The dollar is doing miserably at the moment and so it makes sense to travel out of this area when you want to eat and if you want to eat well IMO. Good Luck

A lot of people seem to like the hotel Dali but there are plenty of other options on the website that I mentioned. The hotel I was looking at was booked and I got emails from 6-8 other hotels offering me space through venere.com

Jennie don't worry about hotel Dali I know I have seen them mentioned in guide books. lonely planet Florence I think.
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Topping for kelli b and to answer some questions I just now noticed on this thread.

SRS: I think the Dali has 12 rooms. I'm sorry, I do not know the price for their laundry service.

mmcs: There are no stairs at the Dali. They ARE located on the second floor of a building, but there is an elevator at street level that takes you up to and opens into the reception area. Once inside the hotel it's all on one level.

My apologies for the delay in responding.

Jennie

Old Nov 7th, 2003, 07:32 PM

Thank you Jennie and Sarah! I will check venere.com as Sarah suggested.