Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

It's official! We have booked our flights for Europe May 2005!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know that we booked some flights from Austin-Amsterdam and back out of Paris for $733. I hope that I got a pretty good deal. We plan to leave on May 25th. We got the deal on expedia.com and I have used them before with no problems. Our itinerary is to spend 3 nights in A-dam before going to Paris for 5 nights. I think I would like to day trip to either Giverny or the Loire Valley. I am really excited and appreciate everyone's advice.
Old Dec 18th, 2004, 08:08 PM

Your airline ticket price sounds good to me. You must be so excited. And what a beautiful month to go. Have fun planning this trip. Happy holidays!!
Old Dec 18th, 2004, 08:16 PM

tulips - Congratulations, I know how excited you must be. It sounds like we may be in Paris at the same time as hubby and I will be flying to Paris on May 25th and flying back home on June 2nd. It looks like your time in Paris will overlap ours for a few days. I will anxiously await your trip report to compare it to our experience. Take Care Jackie
Old Dec 19th, 2004, 03:42 AM
ira

Good price, tulips.

>...going to Paris for 5 nights. I think I would like to day trip to either Giverny or the Loire Valley.<

Here is a link to Monet's garden.
www.giverny.org/monet.

End of May is a great time to go.
Old Dec 19th, 2004, 04:23 AM
jpf

Tulips: Our mid-April trip is yours in reverse; 5 nights in Paris, then 3 in Amsterdam with airfare from Newark on Continental for $493.

Looking forward to all suggestions on your post. We're considering a side trip to Haarlam from A'dam and undecided on a day trip from Paris.

Congratulations, tulips, and thanks to all for your advice.
Old Dec 19th, 2004, 04:31 AM
Chatters

Hey Tuls!! Congrats!! Good fare! Just a thought about how gorgeous Normandy is that time of the year, pretty significant date (early June) as well. Have a great time!!

Old Dec 19th, 2004, 10:42 AM
P_M

Congrats, tulips. It's always exciting once the tix are bought. I am considered the unofficial "office travel agent," and I recently helped a colleague book a Christmas trip to AMS. We used Expedia for that too and found a great deal. It sounds like it'll be a fun trip for you.
Old Dec 19th, 2004, 11:03 AM

good for you. in fact it reminds me to start planning my own may 05 trip...thx.
Old Dec 19th, 2004, 01:30 PM

Sounds like two wonderful destinations. We did seven nights in Amsterdam and did not run out of things to do. The city itself is wonderful and you could take a day trip outside the city, maybe to Voldendam/Maarken, or visit the flower auction early in the morning. In the city, the Anne Frank House is very interesting and emotional, great museums, a boat ride through the city, and so many other things to do.

In Paris you want to take a day trip somewhere. I recommend Giverny. The Loire Valley is wonderful, but one day is short. I think three days is more likely. Perhaps to save for a future trip.