Reload this Page >

IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN

Search

IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 09:32 PM
Art

IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN

Cant post replys, keep getting message 'We're workign on it' Lets see if this posts.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 10:03 PM
Philip

Just a tip to everyone: before I hit the post reply button I select everything I've typed, right mouse click, and hit copy. I'm tired of typing stuff that never gets posted because of system problems.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 10:11 PM
Sue

Amen, Philip! Plus when I do post, the left side goes back to some other time dimension, so I have to click on Europe again to update it. Wazhappenin?

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 06:05 AM
Rex

They MUST be tinkering with the software/search engine. I'm seeing that "sorry98.gif" thing about half the time. Maybe they're trying to show how BAD the "old format" is (as if there is any question) before they re-launch the newformat with more horsepower - - so that everyone will fall in love with it the next time around. <BR> <BR>Hang in there, Art.. <BR> <BR>Rex

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 11:51 AM
nancy

Art, <BR>the first time I tried to pull up this thread, I got the message that page not available, try again.!! <BR>Oh No!

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 12:03 PM
Ann

And if you lave the "sorry" message there for a time, you get a duplicate of the left hand column on the right!

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 01:57 PM
neville

I've found that if you click on the 'back' button then try again, it usually works, very annoying nevertheless.

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 02:19 PM
Ann

I've just come back to the forum to find that the latest post was from yesterday! It took three refreshes to bring up today's messages. What on earth is happening?

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 02:59 PM
Rebecca

The same things are happening to me. I also highlight everything I write, then right click and copy it. In case you lose everything, you can do it again and just right click in the reply box to paste it. This has saved me tons and tons of times!

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 03:25 PM
Capo

Aren't you glad the same people that design & build computer systems don't design & build airplanes? :~)

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 03:42 PM
linda

But do you _know_ how many systems on today's aircraft are computer-controlled? It's scary!

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 03:44 PM
Art

We're so sorry, we're currently unable to display the page you requested. That URL may have expired, or we may be working feverishly on that particular part of our site. <BR>We recommend that you either use your browser's BACK button, or start fresh at the Fodors.com home page. <BR> <BR>Thanks. <BR> <BR> <BR>AGAIN!! <BR>If you are right button challanged (for copying) you can also do &lt;Ctrl&gt; C to copy and &lt;Ctrl&gt; V to paste. <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 04:21 PM
Rex

And the AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL systems run on computer systems far less "capable" (but better debugged, with superior redundancy protection, we hope) than this. <BR>

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 04:33 PM
Capo

Re: "But do you _know_ how many systems on today's aircraft are computer-controlled?" <BR> <BR>Well, that's true linda, but, as Rex noted about air traffic control systems, I'm sure the code is FAR better designed, tested, debugged, and re-tested than the code that runs things on websites. <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 04:36 PM
Linda

All true, thank goodness!

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 11:56 PM
Rhonda

I thought it was just me!! Thank goodness it's happening to you too!!

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 03:38 AM
Cass

Look out! <BR> <BR>They're at it again, and these are just the rumblings before the next version of "our great new format." <BR> <BR>Somebody tell Fodors that a compulsion to fix something that't not broken almost inevitably leads to breaking it so you _have_ to fix it.

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 05:28 AM
Sheila

Actually it's exactly because it IS broken that means they have to fix it. <BR> <BR>This is a nightmare. It's a tough call whether it's a better option to have it totally offline or have to spend have your online time trying to get round the blocks. <BR> <BR>I wonder what happened on the 19th about half past 6?