Search

Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Itinerary

Hello everyone!
Finally i bought my flight tickets and now i'm planning my itinerary. This is the itinerary we are thinking about:
Copenhague - 4 nights
Bergen - 3 nights
Oslo - 3 nights
Tromso - 4 nights
Stockholm - 4 nights
1 night in the ferry
Tallin - 2 nights
Helsinki - 2 nights

We are almost sure about this itinerary but we have a doubt about Oslo. Do yo recommend to stay 1 more day in copenhague and 1 less day in oslo?? or do you think it's ok this way?

Thanks for the help!
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 04:37 PM

I would do more time in both Copenhagen and Stockholm and cut back on Bergen and tromso
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 04:54 PM

there are some beautiful islands near stockholm..easily accessible by ferry so do make sure you take the chance to go to waxholm at least...

we loved oslo...we only had two nights there on our way back from our road trip and we stayed at the gabelshus..wonderful hotel ( tower here on fodors recommended this and it truly was a fine place to stay)
the war museum in oslo is great and there are so many things to do...so take your time, i suggest
i havent been to copenhagen nor bergen nor tromso
tallin ..visited this beautiful town as daytrip from helsinki..i am not sure that you need two nights ...we stayed two nights in helsinki and i wish we had one more day

we flew from sydney - helsinki- tallinn -helsinki-russia-sweden then train to oslo - roadtrip from oslo through lillehammer as far north as the atlantic road and then worked our way down to flam via balestrand then onto oslo
best roadtrip ever and im sure lots of people can help you here with selecting the places to visit on your particular trip
you will have a blast...norway is unbelievably gorgeous!
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Original Poster

I haven´t told you that the trip will be the last 3 weeks of march and i want to stay some days in Tromso in order to see the northern lights.
Old Oct 12th, 2013, 06:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Timing looks about right, Oslo is an enormous city just without many people in it but do visit the viking ship museum, in march cross country skiiin will be good as well.

Bergen might have too much time, you need to plan a day trip from here to use the time. Tromso also, maybe dog sledding
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 08:00 AM

bilboburgler says you need a daytrip from Bergen. I would definitely suggest Norway in a Nutshell. It's a full day and very beautiful.