Search

itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 10:31 AM
nancy

itinerary

We will be traveling to Europe early April to visit our daughter who will be studying in Florence. We have only 9 days and would like to end our trip with 3-4 days in Florence. Would like to see France & London. Is this feasible in 9 days? Any suggestions on an itinerary for such a short vacation (we've never been abroad before). Help!

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 11:23 AM
jj

Is it feasible? I don't know. Is it possible? Sure. When you say France, I am assuming you meant Paris. Two or three nights in London, Two or three nights in Paris and then fly to Florence is easily doable. You just need to decide what is a priority (i.e. seeing as much as possible)and do your research. Obviously you will only be able to hit a few highlights in each area but I suppose that is okay for a first visit.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Ira

Hi Nancy,<BR> May I suggest that, since you will have less than a week, you spend it in either Paris or London? You will lose a sightseeing day travelling between cities.<BR><BR> My preference is Paris.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Rex

Sure, schedule yourself an open jaw flight if possible into London, and back out of Milan or Rome. But a simply roundtrip to London would work too.<BR><BR>Fly into London, x days there.<BR><BR>Train (or plane) to Paris, x days there.<BR><BR>Fly www.airlibexpress.com from Paris (Orly) to Pisa for a song, then train from Pisa to Florence. If your daughter has attained a modest amount of self-reliance during the course of her studies there, she could come to Pisa to meet you and help you get to Florence (less than an hour).<BR><BR>Train to Rome or Milan, and fly home from there.<BR><BR>Alternatively, you can also fly back to London ryanair.com - - though this might require an overnight in London, since the earliest arrival into London (Stansted) is at 12:00 noon - - perhaps not early enough to make a trans-atlantic flight from Gatwick or Heathrow (allow two hours between airports travel time).<BR><BR>There are various other ways to skin this cat, including an open jaw returning from Paris, etc.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 08:41 PM
up

for nancy<BR>