Italy train tickets needed

Old May 29th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Original Poster

Italy train tickets needed

Hello all! I need to get from Geneva to Venice and then Venice to Rome a few days later. Where can I find the most affordable rail tickets online? Thanks in advance for the help!
Old May 29th, 2008, 02:28 PM

www.trenitalia.com and Heaven help you - typically expect hours of frustration and then such pondering things as gee they took my credit card and after several days i have no response.

give it a try - and there are some helpful Fodorites like Ira (in europe now however) and TimS to help you thru - not sure TimS does much with trenitalia however as he does with Germany and French expertise of online booking and generous to help others out - there are others as well so try and then ask Fodorites for help

And currently it seems many Italian trains are incredibly not yet loaded for after when summer schedules start in mid June - at least were a few days back - or were not really
Old May 29th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Original Poster

PalenQ, thanks for all of your help!!!
Old May 29th, 2008, 02:34 PM

Hello alie, here is the English language version of the official trenitalia website which probably will be easier for you to use.

http://www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html
Old May 29th, 2008, 02:41 PM

LoveItaly is one of those experts i was talking about that are willing to help.
Old May 29th, 2008, 09:05 PM

I just wanted to jump in with a question- if I'm planning to travel from Milan to Florence in July, do I need to book ahead, or can I do it when I get to Milan??? Thanks!
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:29 AM

IME yes no problem - trains every hour - that said if you lock yourself into a train well in advance you could get a nice discount - but there will be no problem normally just buying a ticket on the spot IME