Search

Italy - Sorrento to Rome

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2015, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Italy - Sorrento to Rome

Hi guys,

I'm planning on going from Sorrento to Rome hopefully by the Mazzori bus (just because I don't relish the idea of taking two large suitcases and hand luggage on and off of trains if I don't have to!) ..could someone help me if they can find out/know if the bus runs on the 28-10? I can't get the bus timetable/website up on my phone!

Thanks
Old Oct 8th, 2015, 08:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Their website has been faulty for years, it's not your phone.
The bus arrives at Rome's TIBURTINA station, so won't you have to handle your bags anyway to get to your destination in Rome?
I think there is one bus per day, late afternoon, but I am trying to find out for sure.
Old Oct 8th, 2015, 09:24 AM

Sorry, the latest information I can find is from 2014 and it says one bus per day leaving at 6am, the afternoon bus is summer only. Your best bet is to visit a travel agent when you get to Italy, or visit the bus station when you get to Sorrento.
Also, Rome2rio verifies that there is a bus on Oct 28, but does not connect to the faulty Morazzi bus website.
Old Oct 8th, 2015, 09:35 AM

I was thinking the same thing as clark: Stop in at a travel agent in Sorrento.
Old Oct 8th, 2015, 11:24 PM

Just take the Circumvesuviana from Sorrento to Naples, every 30 minutes, fare €4, buy at station

In Naples, you just go upstairs from the Circumvesuviana platforms to the mainline Centrale station.

Then use a comfortable high-speed train Naples Centrale to Rome Termini, from €19 www.trenitalia.com.

Luggage is no problem on trains, you just pull your bag on its wheels behind you. But I'd never travel with two large suitcases, unless you are a commercial traveller with bags full of samples, that's too much for one person!
Old Oct 9th, 2015, 01:52 AM

There are two Marozzi buses per day Sorrento to Rome - one at 7am and one at 3pm.

The buses take approx. 4 hours - more with traffic.

The website is only in Italian.

http://www.marozzivt.it/script/bigli...pobigl=marozzi
Old Oct 9th, 2015, 08:34 AM

There are still two buses per day in late October?

The website doesn't load properly in the USA, therefore there are always questions about this bus. TripAdvisor is loaded with pages and pages asking for help.
Old Oct 9th, 2015, 04:25 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
On Oct. 28, I only see one Marozzi bus (6am departure - 19€). I think Blueeydcod is giving departure times from Rome (summer schedule?), not Sorrento.

I've taken this bus. It used to take about the same amount of time as the trains, but that was when the fast train between Rome/Naples took a bit over 2 hours.

I caught the bus a Piazza Tasso, but I imagine you can also catch it at the train station (check while you are in Sorrento). You just store your luggage underneath. The bus made a pit stop about halfway at the Autogrill.
Old Oct 10th, 2015, 01:33 PM

I would check with your hotel. They will have current information as the website is hard to decipher. Late October may be problematic as there could only be one bus per day or none. When I checked there were two but the summer schedule could end mid October and there was no way I could find that out.

Do you have to take two large suitcases and carry-on? Trim it back if you can.
Old Oct 10th, 2015, 03:18 PM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
When I took the bus from Sorrento to Rome a few years ago in late September, only the 6am bus was running.
Old Oct 15th, 2015, 05:35 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes, the 6am bus runs from Sorrento to Rome year round with an added run in the late afternoon in summer and weekends. On Sundays, there can be just a late bus back to Rome (departs 5pm). That's for the people that come down for the weekend.

The Rome/Sorrento bus has always departed at 7am in summer with an added afternoon departure in summer/weekends at 3pm. Off season it seems to have only the 3pm departure weekdays and an early departure Fri/Sat/Sun.

The Marozzi website used to have their instructions in English on their pdf, but no longer do.

>>>When I checked there were two but the summer schedule could end mid October and there was no way I could find that out.<<<

I seem to recall their schedules changing more around mid-September. In summer, they add Positano/Amalfi on to the run, but only for a few months. I don't think they run the extra bus times any longer than they run the added Positano/Amafli (I believe it's mid-June-mid-Sept). You may have checked Rome/Sorrento since you saw a time of 7am (the OP needs Sorrento/Rome). Perhaps you picked a weekend date when you checked that has the additional runs. Had you checked an earlier Oct date on a weekday, it would have shown only one.

The biggest problem with this bus is the 6am departure. Hold onto your ticket until Rome. You may be asked to show it at departure.