Italy-Shopping Outlet Serravalle

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2003, 08:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone visited this "luxury" outlet mall? If so, do you think it's worth a big detour to go there? The bargain huntress in me is saying, "Si! Si!" but I'd hate to loose 2 days if it's a dud. Also, how far is it from Nice?
Any help would be appreciated!
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 07:10 AM

I am going to Piedmonte in 2 weeks and plan to go shopping at Serravalle. Official sale months in Europe are January and July, and that includes the outlet shops also. Serravalle was the first outlet center developed in Europe and is purported to be very popular, especially on the weekends. That is why we are planning to go on a thursday. In spite of the weakness of the U.S. $, the prices are good because designer goods are cheaper in Italy, in the first place. Since our cottage/apartment is only about 45 minutes drive, we're definitely planning to go, so I can let you know what I think when I return the first part of February. By the way, I think it will be quite a drive from Nice, but check it out on www.mappy.com

Old Jan 8th, 2007, 10:18 AM

Hi mcguire, rivoli posted August 2003.

But do let us know about your experience in Serravalle, I am sure a lot of people will be interested. Have fun and best wishes that you find some great items!
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 12:45 PM
jgg

I know the OP was in 2003, but for others who may be interested. We were at these outlets this past June. They have a lot of designer stores there, as you can see from their website. However, we did not find any deals, and my daughter and I are major shoppers!! She did find a bathing suit at the Dolce & Gabbana store that wasn't too badly priced (but I decided it was a bit skimpy for her!!) I would not recommend anyone go too far out of your way to stop there, but if you are not too far away and you enjoy shopping, it's probably worth it.
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 01:32 PM

I was at Serravalle in July. It is ok, but not worth going out of your way for. Conversely, the outlet stores in Valdarno (outside of Firenza) are fabulous. All high end, with incredible deals.
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 04:46 AM

I thought this thread may be worthwhile bringing back as we will visit Rome again soon. A few years ago I visited the Rome outlet which is near Fiumicino Aiport and Ostia. There I purchased Frette sheets and various pieces of clothing at very attractive prices (particularly when I compared the products and prices in Rome) . I was buying that seasons stock and not old superceeded stock. The only frustration was the rather remote location although they do have a bus to and from Rome with a limited timetable. Has anyone been there in the last few years with any comments on shopping and/or transport to and from there ?