Italy "pool weather" in Fall

Jan 10th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Italy "pool weather" in Fall

We are going to Italy next fall for 2-1/2 weeks and we haven't booked our flight yet, so I'm still debating over the dates. We don't want HOT weather, but we DO want to be able to do some "pool time" at our hotels in Positano and Montalcino. Right now we are looking at leaving either at the end of Sept. or 1st week in Oct. I'm starting to wonder if we need to leave more like mid-Sept. to catch the sunshine! Any thoughts please?
Jan 10th, 2007, 08:17 AM

diane,

First you should check with your hotels/agritourimos because usually they have "closing date" for their pools regardless of the weather.

Chances are Positano will be OK for pool weather, but Tuscany is very iffy.

Buon viaggio!
Jan 10th, 2007, 08:29 AM

We were in both places in 2005, Oct 5-12, and had no pool weather whatsoever, lots of rain though.

I'm sure it varies from year to year like any place else, but if the pool's important to you, would go for mid-Sept.
Jan 10th, 2007, 08:35 AM

By late September / early October it will to be cool and most likely to wet to swim in Montalcino. On the other hand, the weather in Positano is likely to be perfect.

A mid-September trip would increase your chances of sun bathing in Tuscany but there is no guarantee!

It was colder and wetter in August this year than most of September and October.

For more visit www.kidscantravel.com.
Jan 10th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I think it's too risky to book in Oct. if we want nice weather. I think we'll shoot for Sept. for sure.
Jan 10th, 2007, 12:43 PM

Don't expect any Italian hotel to have its pool open in late September or October, even if it's 30C or more.