Belfast or Glasgow

Jan 10th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

Belfast or Glasgow

My boyfriend and I are planning to go back to Europe in May. There is a new airline operating out ot Orlando/Sanford with nonstop flights to Belfast or Glasgow. We don't want to rent a car, so we will be relying on trains, buses, taxis, or ferries. Which city would you recommend for getting around in that manner? Also any hotel recommendations- we will probable stay 10-14 days. I wouldn't mind staying in two or three cities/towns. Thanks...
Jan 10th, 2007, 12:22 PM

I'm assuming you mean 10-14 days for your whole trip. I can't comment on those two cities as I haven't been, but I really liked Edinburgh, which is super close to Glasgow, so you could do those two cities and London.
Jan 10th, 2007, 12:26 PM

I can't really make the comparison, but I think you'd be able to do well with that sort of holiday out of Glasgow. It's an easy day trip to Edinburgh from there too.
Jan 10th, 2007, 12:28 PM

I have never been to Glasgow but I can tell you Ireland is great.Belfast was a nice place but the western part of Ireland is magic.We spend 14days traveling around Ireland and especially the western part but the best way is by auto.Driving was not bad and Im a lot older then you young people.best regards.
Jan 10th, 2007, 12:55 PM

I am biased,because I live in Glasgow...They have great transport facilities here,and within a very short period of time you could be on the shores of Loch Lomond......When I was a child I loved The Trossachs,and they are very near too...Oban is not too far,where you can go on to Mull,Iona,etc........Glasgow is a big tourist attraction now.....They have recently opened Glasgow Art Galleries,after a modernisation......Glasgow now gets a lot of ABC1's who come for the art and culture !!!!!