Notices

Italy ininerary

Old Aug 13th, 2003, 06:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Italy ininerary

Two possibilities, What do you think?
Scenario one: fly into Venice and 3 nights Venice, 3 nights Florence, 2 nights CT, 4 nights Rome, fly out of Rome next day. Plan is to use Cinque as a break and relax after Venice and Florence, before heading to Rome., with possible day trip to Sorrento.
Scenario two: Venice 3 nights, Florence 3 nights, Sorrento/Amalfi 3 nights and then Rome 4 nights and fly out of Rome.
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 06:33 AM

Hi
I heard wonderful things about CT, so I'd choose there. If you haven't visited, go to worldisround.com for great pics of both places.
Almafi Coast is said to be breathtaking, but lots and lots of tourists (more than CT), so it might not be as relaxing.
Have fun!
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 07:11 AM

Hi,

I have been to both Amalfi and the CT. Both are wonderful. The Amalfi coast is more upscale than the CT. In the CT the towns are little fishing viallages that have been discovered, but the shops are not as fancy. On the CT there are no cars and you have to walk or take the train or boat. On the Amalfi there is a lot of traffic during the high season. There is a little beach in Positano and also one in Monterroso. I like the CT better, because it is less fancy, but I had a great time both places. You will love either one.
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 07:47 AM

If one doesn't quibble too much, both places (CT and Amalfi coast) are about the same. Yipper is right about the relative "upscaleiness" of the two; but any comment about one being more touristy than the other is probably not accurate. Given the number of square meters (or square miles, or whatever area measure) of each place, there are probably just as many tourists in one as in the other.

The only thing you might consider is the time of year. The CT becomes horribly crowded during the summer months, and perhaps even could have more tourists per square meter. You didn't say when you will be traveling.

Otherwise, the logistics and travel times would be about the same. You also didn't say how you will be traveling (train, car, etc) and that could influence your decision. Driving directly into most of the CT villages is possible but difficult; parking is likewise.

As already pointed out, either would be a choice you'll long remember. If it were a first time, I think I'd opt for the Amalfi coast simply because there are more and different things to see. Good luck.
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 12:53 PM

Partly depends on your personality. Both are gorgeous. If you don't want to do much or see much other than lovely scenery and quaint towns, then CT is fine. If you want more to do and see, than head south.