I could use your expertise on an upcoming one year anniversary trip to Italy and Paris. As we are getting closer to booking our flights, I am realizing that we may have planned too much for our time in Europe. While I have never been to France or Italy, my husband is well travelled and has been to both...so we are trying to find a mixture of places that he has been/has not been.
Here's what we are thinking:
Day 1/2 - Arrive in Rome at 2:00 p.m.
Day 3 - Rome
Day 4 - Rome
Day 5 - Rome - travel to Amalfi Coast
Day 6 - Amalfi coast
Day 7 - Amalfi coast
Day 8 - Amalfi coast - travel to Naples to catch flight to Paris (arrive 3 pm)
Day 9 - Paris
Day 10 - Paris
Day 11 - Paris
Day 12 - Paris to home
Do you think this plan is doable? I am a bit skeptical with only 2 1/2 days in Rome if we should pick only one country. Although I have not been to Florence and Venice, my husband has been there. Are there other Italian must sees or romantic getaway spots that we should see instead of going to Paris?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 week May trip with kids
- 2 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 3 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 6 Arezzo - how much time?
- 7 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 8 New Years in France
- 9 Easter Week in Italy
- 10 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 11 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 12 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 13 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 14 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 15 Which Aran Island??
- 16 Spain or Portugal
- 17 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 18 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 19 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 20 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 21 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 22 9 day trip to France
- 23 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 24 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)