Istanbul Bosphorus Tour

Search

Istanbul Bosphorus Tour

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Istanbul Bosphorus Tour

When we are in Istanbul in April, we definitely want to take a "cruise" on the Bosphorus. Our travel agent quoted a private one for us but it is very, very pricey. I've learned a bit about "Daily Istanbul Tours" (a company) and Oskar Tours. I know there is a ferry as well. What is the best way to go about this?
Old Dec 25th, 2014, 12:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Check this thread :

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...-bosphorus.cfm

Private tours on a motor yacht are good if you are on a romantic getaway, honeymoon, anniversary or such. The cost is high because of the expensive fuel. An idea is to be taken to a seaside restaurant on such a yacht and then be taken back "in style".

If there are at 15-30 of you in a group, there is also a great and reasonable option of good on board meal with grills and unlimited local drinks, on Lufer4. We have done this multiple times with family and friends and always enjoyed it. Lufer is a converted fishing boat with comfortable throws, some chairs and a large middle table for the food, as well as a second storey deck.
Old Dec 25th, 2014, 09:42 PM
kja

If there are just a few of you, consider just taking the commuter ferries -- easy and MUCH more affordable.

And BTW, while I found my experience of a day on the Bosphorus pleasant, it was not a highlight of my time in Istanbul by any means. I enjoyed a short ferry on the Golden Horn much more. YMMV.
Old Dec 26th, 2014, 04:43 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! Very helpful. There are just the two of us and we've been married 35 years so "romantic" isn't high on the priority list!
Old Dec 26th, 2014, 06:10 AM

I agree with kja on this one. Our experience on the tour ferry on the Bosphorus was pleasant.You will see many structures at a distance on both shores, stop a couple of hours in Anadolu Kavagi for lunch(climb to the fortress if you want to for views). Return to your boat to go back to Istanbul. We got off at the first stop Rumeli Kavagi. We took a taxi back and rode along the European coastline. This was several years ago so it may be different now. For us it was the bottom of the list (maybe because the boat was crowded) of our activities in fantastic Istanbul. So do it if you have time and check it off your list.
Old Jan 1st, 2015, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

At the end of our trip, we return to Istanbul for two nights and have a "free day" which is a Tuesday. We're staying on the Asian side. If the weather is good, that might be the time to take the ferry.
Old Jan 17th, 2015, 07:18 AM

Motaz,
You have ads on several threads. Perhaps you are simply trying to be helpful, but no advertising of travel services is allowed on this web site.
Old Jan 17th, 2015, 09:06 AM

Sorry for that
Old Feb 26th, 2015, 06:18 AM

Steer clear of the ticket sellers on the waterfront and head for the dockside departure point of the public cruise. It costs 25 TL (about $10 USD), leaves at 10:35 and stops in a charming village near the Black Sea for a couple of hours around lunch time. You'll be back before 5 pm. It's a fantastic day and priced right. More details are mentioned in my post "Ten things to do in Istanbul":
http://packinglighttravel.com/destin...o-in-istanbul/