Isle of Capri in April?

Search

Isle of Capri in April?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isle of Capri in April?

We are going to Italy (first trip) this april. We will be in Naples about April 29th. Is this too early for a side trip to Capri?
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 09:29 AM

I was there Mid March last year and it was lovely. Beautiful sunshine and in high 60's low 70's. The citrus trees had fruit. There were tourists but it was not overun. I have also been there in November and it was good.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 12:50 PM

Because of the fact that April 25th and May 1st are holidays in Italy the Italians do what is called "Ponte" the two. That means they bridge the holidays and take the whole time off of work. You may get crowds of people and you may not because most Italians go to Ischia or Procida rather than Capri because it is more expensive. It's perfect weather wise, but just make sure you have reservations at a hotel. You won't have trouble getting on an Aliscafo....jet boat... because they run fairly often.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 03:36 PM

Naples is so close to Capri by vaporetto. You can take a day trip or spend a night or two. I was in Capri in April a few years back. The weather was in the high 60's - had a denim jacket and it go warm for that in the afternoon. You shouldn't miss Capri if you have the chance-even if the weather is cool. But, you may also want to venture along the Amalfi coast,too.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 05:50 PM

Please don't ask for a vapporetto. That's a water bus in Venice. Aliscafo or Traghetto is what you want. Aliscafo is a jet boat or hydrofoil. Traghetto is a large ferry that takes cars. Go to www.capri.net and they have the schedule for Naples to Capri. That website has English.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 12:14 AM

Let the weather make your decision the day you are there. I have been on the Amalfi coast in May and it has been cold and rainy and too windy for boats to come into some of the coast ports, and have been there in March and it was sunny and beautiful. It is up to luck at the time you are there. Wisterias will be in bloom all over the coast at that time and it will be beautiful even if chilly and rainy. You may find a lot of Capri still closed for the season, including restaurants. There is some very good walking on the island.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 10:20 AM

By the end of April just about everything is open. They start opening in the beginning of April. My family is in Ischia which is next to Capri and the beginning of April is when everything kicks in. Then at the end of October things close for the winter.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the replies...they were all helpful. Now can you all help me out with the names of a couple of favorite restaurants in Monecatini and Naples?