Ischia in November

Aug 29th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Original Poster

Ischia in November

Thinking of going to Ischia in November. My wife's family is from there and Ventovene. I understand a lot of hotels close during that time of the year. Does it still pay to go even to stay just 1 or 2 days and then go else where? Also where is the best place to leave from to Ischia, Sorrento, Naples, etc.?
Aug 30th, 2006, 01:29 AM

Hi Gardoz - I'm sure you'll find something open in November for a short stay.

The most frequent services to Ischia are from Naples (- Napoli Beverello dock). Services may be reduced by November, but you will find details on:

www.ischiaonline.it

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Aug 30th, 2006, 09:27 AM

If you want to be where things aren't closed, stay near Ischia Ponte or Forio or some of the other larger villages. Sant Angelo is closed completely. Are you looking up family? Anytime you want to see where your family is from, it's worth it. So yes, go and enjoy an un-touristy time in Ischia. Rent a car and enjoy the island. Our family is there so we go every year.
Aug 30th, 2006, 02:26 PM

We're thinking of spending a few days on Ischia in March. I know it will still be off season but do you think the Sant'Angelo area will be completely closed? Would you recommend Forio or Porto in March? Forty years ago I spent some summers in Forio with my family at the Pensione Serpico (and I haven't been back since). I just haven't found a place to stay in Forio that suits us (sea view, close to town, small, family run, fairly simple, home cooking) and would be glad of suggestions. Porto and Ponte seem quite built up from what I can see on the internet and I was never familiar with that area. Several places near Sant'Angelo look promising - Casa Gerardo and Casa Eugenio.
Sep 1st, 2006, 04:11 AM

linawood: Sant Angelo is just starting to wake up in March. Some shops are closed, but....if you rent a car or take a bus, you can go anywhere on the island with no traffic.

If you rent a car..when you see the sign for Panza/Sant Angelo, pass that and take the next sign to Sant Angleo. Going through Panza is a nightmare.

Go to ischiaonline.it and just look at all of the hotels. There are plenty. If your taking the bus around, ask them how close the bus stop is. If you're driving, ask them if they have easy parking. You can't drive into Sant Angelo, so they have a parking lot walking distance to the village.