Is this site not working right?

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Michele

Is this site not working right?

I sent a message out this a.m. and I don't recall if it was under general or just Europe, but when I went to search for it I checked all possible areas and it didn't find my message. I called it Hotel Paris/Hotel Nice exactly and it couldn't find it for me. Did anyone see this post or has anyone had problems with posts dropping or not showing up lately? Thanks.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 08:13 AM
zarg

scroll down, it's #45 right now. No answers, though.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 08:25 AM
MaryC

I posted 3 replies to threads late last night and all were deleted. They were perfectly neutral answers, too. As I post under my real name using my real e-mail address it almost makes me feel as if this is somehow personal, as though I've offended the great and mighty gods of the Fodor's forums.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 08:34 AM
lynn

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the threads to which they have responded deleted completely. I also respond under my own name and since the responses I make, I consider to be helpful and not in the least provocative I am at a loss as to what is occuring here.
I am considering giving up answering questions, even though I think that my "two pennies worth" can sometimes help people. Or perhaps that's what the Fodor's staff want...........

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 10:04 AM
xxx

Are you sure they are deleted? Responding to a thread sends it to the top - sometimes I have to exit and return to the board in order to refresh the top messages.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 03:26 PM
MaryC

Oh yes, it was definitely deleted.

I answered a question re: a hotel in Paris. Watched it climb to the top. Waited for a few minutes for any responses, then went to bed.

Looked for it this morning and it was on the 2nd page (51-100) with 0 posts.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Sue

Sometimes posters post their question twice by mistake, so one version remains 0 answers. Although it's hard to imagine that happening 3 times. Have you done a search for specific things you said?

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 04:48 PM
Sue

It's NOT working right. This is the second time I've tried to post this. I press Post My Reply and it appears to post, but when I look it hasn't. I've tried 3 times on another thread--I hope they don't show up somehow.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Capo

Same here, Sue. I posted twice on another thead and it never showed up.

Let's see if this one does...

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 05:30 PM
Kay

This is my third try to post this message. Nothing happens. Definitely not working right even if this one finally posts.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Elizabeth

I answered a Q about bistros in NY on the US thread Tuesday and it didn't appear, I eventually wrote another one.
An especially un-rude response, I might add.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Patrick

Well I have just attempted to post twice on the thread about the "three ostriches" in Prague, but after I click post, my post just disappears.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Kathleen

Apparently it is only deigning to work in a confoundingly selective manner, not unlike a TV set that requires strenuous thumping to achieve, at best, tantalizing episodic reception. Tonight, I have twice attempted identical replies on another thread without success. My brain isn't up to another attempt to duplicate that particular effort, spontaneity having been dulled by repetition. Or worse, multiple replies may one day appear and I will be denounced as yet another victim of hypergraphia, feverishly incapable of shutting up.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 09:28 PM
julie

I tried a new post tonight asking about rental car vouchers. I posted it under general and France both, but can't find it anywhere.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 11:09 PM
David

You are not alone. I have posted a couple of inquiries about Europe this month - one for Rome and another for Berlin, and they both seem to have gone into cyberspace never-nver land. However, I do get some valuable input in search the other messages in attempting to find a response to my inquires. DMV