is this apt location okay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2003, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone. I have narrowed my search for an apt in July and would appreciate comments on the location - in the 11th near 3rd adn 4th arrondisement. Any comments? safe? convenient? We would most enjoy a fairly quite/residential type area.
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 07:22 AM

From what you have said, if "near" really means near, then I think your location is just fine. It should be quiet, easy to walk to the Marais and Notre Dame areas, and perfectly safe. I do not have specific experience staying in the 11th, however, so I hope others might be able to help a bit more. My walks in Paris have taken me through that area, though, and it looks just fine. Good luck.
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 08:45 PM

It sounds like it could be close to the Place de la Bastille, which is currently the "hip" part of Paris, lots of nightclubs catering to the younger set. You may wish to take that into consideration.
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 03:25 AM

Which street? Residential above the Bastille-area restaurants and bars is noisy and not what I'd call quiet residential. The 11th meets the 3rd at Republique and it meets the 4th near le Marais by Bastille. Republique is not my favorite area for safety. Blvd Richard Lenoir is also busy and noisy. Bastille and Republique metro stations give you lots of convenience in terms of connections.
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

thanks all for the helpful details. The apt is on Rue Keller behind Bastille. We are concerned about safety - usually arriving back late after a full day of sight-seeing. Overall it's sounding like we should pass on this apt. Any last comments re: the street appreciated.
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:50 AM

Hard to tell from just a photo, but here are photos of #11 rue Keller: http://vacation.apartment-paris.com/...ption/1110694/

The Bastille metro station and neighborhood don't seem dangerous to us, but there is always activity, sometimes rowdy. I have gone through there alone many times without problem, day or night. Still, it is not exactly an area that comes to mind when you think of "quiet, residential area" as originally requested.
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 12:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Rue Keller is totally safe. You may be amused by the gay leather bars on the street.