Reload this Page >

Is there a Beatles museum in London?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 09:20 PM
JSR

Is there anything in London that's great for Beatles fans?<BR>What's are the best ways to find the open hours and prices of attractions in the winter?

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 01:52 AM
Ben Haines

I am afraid not. But the sites http://www.fabfour.addr.com/walks.htm , http://web.islandnet.com/~scliffor/beatles/beatwalk and london.walks.com/tuesday.html take you to Beatles walks in London <BR><BR>The site www.madame-tussauds.com takes you to their stand in the dumb and expensive Mme Tussaud?s. More intelligent, and free, is the National Portrait Gallery just north east of Trafalgar Square, which naturally shows them. <BR>The site http://bea.satachi.com/Beatles/story.html is for their museum in Liverpool, three hours by train from London. Even we Londoners have to admit that Liverpool has the edge here. If you book now by phone on 0044 8457 222 333 Virgin Trains will sell you a Value Fourteen ticket at ten pounds outwards and ten pounds inwards (very little more than the toicket for Mme Tussaud?s). You must book at least 14 days ahead, more if you can, as there is a ration of these cheap seats on each train.<BR><BR>Does your last question mean all London attractions ? If so, in a newsagents in your arrival airport concourse please look for the tiny, spiral bound, AZ mini atlas and guide to London, four pounds, and worth every penny. Time Out and What's On magazines detail major places, but this dwarf has almost everything.<BR><BR>Please write if I can help further. Welcome to London.<BR><BR>Ben Haines<BR><BR>

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 10:04 AM
JSR

Dear Ben,<BR>Thanks for the very thoughtful response. I really appreciate it and will put your info to good use!

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 10:09 AM
doc

You can always visit Abbey Road.

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Betsy

The British Museum Library located near Kings Cross station has some original lyrics etc by the Beatles. It isn't much but... This is a great museum with the important stuff in one room. It can be seen in 2 hours. There are original manuscripts by Lewis Carroll, letters written by Queen Elizabeth I, Shakespeare manuscripts, original recordings even a Guttenburg Bible. Oh, in my enthusiasm I guess I got off track, but out of love, love of historical documents, please forgive.

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 07:55 PM
JSR

Betsy - right (or write) on!<BR>Those are great details. In looking at all the things to see and do over there I haven't gotten to that part yet. We are also enjoy historical items. Anything else?