Is Copenhagen like Paris behavior-wise?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And I mean only the toilets, not politics. Searching Tivoli website, I found this regulation:

"Children as well as adults must use the toilet facilities"

If you don't believe, I found it here:

http://www.tivoli.dk/composite-2568.htm

Does this mean I will see men aiming at walls and tires?
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 05:46 PM

Well - I've never seen anythng like that. I think it's aimed at the parents of small children (with which Tivoli is stuffed) who are afraid they may not find the toilet in time.
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 06:05 PM

Unfortunately, the Danes don't seem to require the same of dogs. Copenhagen is the doo-doo-iest city I've ever been in.
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 06:59 PM

Hmmmm..I was just in Copenhagen right after Christmas and saw no doo doo. Perhaps I wasn't in the right place, did see some dogs..not a LOT of dogs, but lucky me..no poopie. I never saw any in Paris either. Oh lucky me. I must travel under a star, ya think? We were at Tivoli..it is open for a few weeks during the holiday season for the Christmas Markets. Lots of restaurants etc., and public toilets..no problem finding a place to pee. I never, ever, had to pay to pee in Copenhagen. Not so in Stockholm, by the way. I didn't see any men relieving themselves on street corners, against buildings etc. The metro was the cleanest I have ever seen. However, there were some pretty wild Danes running around on New Years Eve, and I wouldn't be surprised if some were perhaps relieving themselves in places other than the toilets. I don't know this as fact, didn't see it, but some of those guys on the street were totally drunk, and like I say, it just wouldn't have surprised me. I don't think you have a lot to worry about.
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Oh, I don't worry. Just thinking of the next vacation. Now still in a stage of a dream
Old May 31st, 2006, 03:17 AM

I was slightly disappointed after my last trip to Paris that I did not encounter any public urination. Unexpectedly, I came across a normal appearing business man in Copenhagen urinating on a wall next to a church during the day!
Old May 31st, 2006, 03:20 AM

Robes...you actually got out of Copenhagen thinking those piles were all left by animals? You've been spending too much time staring at the PDA, Man!
Old May 31st, 2006, 04:38 AM

"some of those guys on the street were totally drunk"

No, no, those were Swedes who had just come over the bridge.
Old May 31st, 2006, 02:57 PM

All right elina...... you must be one of those people whose name ends in SEN. !! We once rented a car in Copenhagen to drive to Stockholm... and didn't realize it had Swedish plates. Well.... we were hooted all the way to the border by passing cars! Since MY name ends in SON... I was a wee bit miffed.
-
Wonder what the reverse situation would be. We Swedes don't seem to have that Danish spunk.
(But as Mr. Grant said to Mary..... "I HATE spunk!)
Old May 31st, 2006, 03:01 PM

What does this have to do with Paris?
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 02:45 AM

"All right elina...... you must be one of those people whose name ends in SEN."

Äh, nej, nej... I am one of those whose name ends in NEN. And I was just joking, I know all about the brotherly picking between neighbouring nordic countries.
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 02:44 PM

I was just jesting, too.
Toupary: It's over 125 years since my grandparents arrived in the US but we Scandinavians still like to pick on one another -
As far as Paris vs Copenhagen.... the French may be chic.... but I think the Danes are the most beautiful people. (As my husband observed of a guy in the gutter...."even the bums are handsome!&quot
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 04:00 PM

I noticed that too. Danes and Swedes..girls all tall, blond, and beautiful, men all tall and handsome. Must be something in the water!!! LOL
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 04:53 PM

The Vikings (Danes, Swedes, and Norwegians, for the most part) ranged all over northern Europe for centuries, pillaging and burning as they went. They also kidnapped the best-looking females everywhere they went and made them their brides.

The genes concentrated for more than a thousand years in Scandanavia (and to an even greater extent in Iceland, where there was less immigration), with the very obvious result.