Irelandcarrentals.com

May 28th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Molly

Irelandcarrentals.com

Just to let you all know, we just got back from Ireland and we rented from www.irelandcarrentals.com and it was great and cheap too (you pre-pay). For 10 days we got a Ford Focus for $426.00 without CDW. We picked up the car at Dan Dooley. No problems whatsoever.

By the way, the weather was terrible. But we still had fun.

May 28th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Rachel

That's not actually a very good rate, if you didn't get CDW included. You probably should have paid around $325 or maybe a little less. I'm going in about 2 weeks, and I paid $196 for 9 days, including CDW, for an economy (one class lower than the Focus). I went about 6 weeks ago and paid $370, including CDW, for a full-size car for 11 days.

May 28th, 2002, 11:30 AM
maybe

Maybe Molly rented an automatic, in which case that is QUITE a deal. Nice to know that you are enjoying gloating about YOUR deal, though.

May 28th, 2002, 11:32 AM
Rachel

Ah, you have a good point there. I always rent a standard, since my husband grew up driving on the left. Yes, that is a good deal for an automatic.

May 29th, 2002, 09:20 AM
JoAnn

I just rented a Ford Fiesta for 5 days for $249.32 - automatic and my visa has already been billed - is this right. I saw no information that we would be pre-pay.

May 29th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Molly

Rachel - The car we rented was an automatic - so it was a good deal. My husband can drive the stick, but I can't.

JoAnn - Did you rent from www.irishcarrentals.com? We pre-paid before we left the US and I agree that it doesn't say this anywhere on the website. But, we did not have any problems.

Jun 1st, 2002, 05:13 PM
the pink

hi there
apart from dan dooley - where else could i try to get a good car rental deal? I will be driving from dublin-through cork - through galway - returning to dublin about 6 or 7 days later. Also: do the companies charge you for mileage? or is your quoted rent the full amount? And, how much is the surcharge for being only 24 years old?

Jun 11th, 2002, 09:17 AM
Rachael

I too am in need of a place to rent a car for our honeymoon in Ireland...where is the best place? My fiancee can drive a manual..whichever is cheaper is fine with us..

Jun 12th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Molly

Check out www.irelandcarrentals.com. I'm telling you we had no problems. The price was much cheaper than if you go through Dan Dooley directly. We paid US$426 for an automatic car for 10 days including unlimited mileage and not including the CDW (that is extra). I don't know anything about being age 24. I haven't been that age for quite some time.

Jun 13th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Rachel

I used to rent directly with Avis or National. Tried Dan Dooley once, and wasn't thrilled.

The last three times I've gone, though, I've rented through priceline.com. My bids have always been accepted. My husband's there now, and has a car for 11 days, including CDW for $203 (manual).

Jun 13th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Ann

BTW, with priceline, I've gotten Avis twice and Alamo once.

Jun 13th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Rachel

the pink-it's usually unlimited mileage, and the major places never charge you in advance. Dan Dooley does, and priceline.com does, and I guess irelandcarrentals, according to the other posts.

I've never had a problem renting a car in Ireland, and I've been renting there since I was 21. Maybe it's changed in the past decade.

Jun 14th, 2002, 10:40 AM
jen

Try rentacar-ireland.com We used them and they were great. They find you the best rates. Their quote includes everything including CDW (except for a deductable which everyone has. You can play a few dollars to exclude this).