Ireland with kids trip report

Sep 3rd, 2007, 07:46 PM
Original Poster

Ireland with kids trip report

Whew! I have gotten substantially through my Ireland trip report. We went for three weeks in August, to Dublin, Kinsale, Kenmare/ Killarney, Adare (Limerick), Galway and then back to Dublin. Read all about it (with pictures!): http://www.markandmonica.com/Travel/Ireland.htm
Sep 4th, 2007, 12:19 AM

Monica,
Throughly enjoyed your trip report and photos of your Ireland trip! Your girls are adorable and what a great trip for them!! So glad you enjoyed Ireland as I am very fond of it myself.
I too am an animal lover, my family is dh and myself and our 2 Shetland Sheepdogs (shelties) that I compete in Agility with. Leaving for Ireland on Sept. 14 and I hate to leave them...good for you for having your dog taken so well care of....I would have done the same!!! Glad all is well.
Thanks for the great report and all the wonderful details!!
(funny, my screen name is Shadow)
Sep 4th, 2007, 06:49 AM

Lovely report. Wish we did have every Monday during the summer as a bank holiday!! In fact we only have 2 bank holidays in summer - one at the beginning of June, and the other (which you were here for) at the beginning of August!
Sep 4th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Hmm, I wonder where I got that about the bank holidays then... Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part.
Sep 4th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Original Poster

Oh, and an update on our poor doggy. She's doing great but they removed her spleen for testing and sure enough she's got blood cancer and 2-4 months to live. She will make it to 12.5, which is not a bad run for a dog, at least.
Sep 4th, 2007, 10:07 AM

MonicaRichards,

I enjoyed your report and the lovely photos. You have darling little girls. Sorry about your dog.

Regards, Joan
Sep 4th, 2007, 05:09 PM

Monica,

I am so sorry about Shadow. Its truly torture losing your dog...my dogs are my "kids" so I take it really hard. But, you know that you have done the best for Shadow and can take comfort in that. Yes, 12.5 is very average for a dog to live. I count anything longer than that "gravy". Just make her as comfortable as you can and spend as much time with her as you can.
I know you will. So sorry.
Shadow
Sep 8th, 2007, 04:30 PM

Monica, I have just now had the time to view your report. Well done and informative. Thanks.
Sep 12th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Original Poster

The trip report is finished! Links, pictures and everything. http://www.markandmonica.com/Travel/Ireland.htm The picture gallery is at http://www.markandmonica.com/Photos/...007/index.html
Sep 13th, 2007, 10:48 AM

Monica,

It's great. When I have time I want to go slowly through the whole report.

Joan
Sep 15th, 2007, 01:46 PM

Hi - have two small children (a little boy who just turned 4 and a little girl of 22 months) and we're planning a family trip during the October school break here...we're living in Ireland. I just wanted to let you know that I loved seeing your website and the travel reports that I read. Delighted to see that you guys travel all over with the little ones - that's the way it should be! I realize the weather you had while you were here was bad - this was our worst summer in years although this month hasn't been bad so far (not that you really want to hear that now!). I do agree with your tips at the end - the west coast of Ireland and especially Connemara is the "Ireland" that I think people who have never visited this country envision. There are some lovely hotels / houses that can be rented there as a base for exploring.

I glanced quickly at your Italy report - and loved it. We, too, went there on our honeymoon and I'm dying to return - but did have hesitations about doing it with two kids in tow. I'm definitely thinking of doing it now and possibly with my sister and her family...we'll see.

Thanks again for sharing your stories and photos with us!

Take care,
Celine