Reload this Page >

Ireland-only 5 days

Search

Ireland-only 5 days

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 09:40 AM
ggrant

Ireland-only 5 days

Hello, I am flying to London in May but have been there many times. I got a special rate and 25,000ff bonus so I jumped on it. At first I was going to the Cotswolds but now am thinking of Ireland. My plan:<BR>SUN-- arv LGW 655am onward Dublin out of LGW arriving a little before noon. Tourbus around Dublin & dinner. early to bed.<BR>MON--train to Cork, arv 10am, rent car and drive on to Killarney, walk around and overnight.<BR>TUES--Ring of Kerry then drive to spend night near Dingle (where)<BR>WED--Dingle area Conor Pass & Slea Head, overnight (where)<BR>THURS--Drive from Dingle area back to Cork<BR>stopping at Blarney Castle before late afternoon to LHR from Cork. <BR>I know this a short time but it is all I have. I work nightshift so I am usually ok my first day and can sleep on the plane. If this sounds like too much, would it be doable just to do Dingle area and Blarney and save Ring of Kerry for another time. The flights out of LGW to Dublin and Cork to LHR are short and only $140 round trip. I want to drive as little as possible so that is why the train Dublin to Cork and then the N22 onward seems ok. I have two guidebooks and have searched this website but am still unsure if this is a decent plan. Thanks.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 10:24 AM
ggrant

ttt

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 10:36 AM
John

You are on the money about saving the Ring of Kerry for another trip. <BR><BR>Do the lakes drive out of Killarney, then head to Dingle.<BR><BR>Check out the Greenmount House in Dingle as a place to stay.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Lisa

I would be really interested in what fare you got into London Gatwick. I am going in September but have yet to get a good rate and yes I have tried everything, Im an agent but I don't go and blast everyone, I do my own thing and am happy with it. The piece of advice I do have for you is, have you tried Ryan Air into Dublin? Their fares are even cheaper than the $140 roundtrip that you are getting.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 11:57 AM
ggrant

Hello, thanks for the replies so far. I got $486 ATL to LGW for mid May. The reason I am not doing Ryan is that returning back to LHR instead of Stanstead is so much more convenient. I have theatre tickets that night and can fly back late afternoon to Heathrow and easily make my play. From what I have read I do not want to stay right in Killarney, give me a suggestion where I can do lakes tour and Muckross House easily from there. I think near Dingle for the other two nights or sould I split it to another Part of the Dingle Pen. or somewher going back toward Cork.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 12:56 PM
cd

Iwould suggest Ring of Kerry another time. Have a great trip!

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 04:00 PM
John

I was there for two weeks and just did the Shannon to the Lakes of Killarney, and loved Killarney, Ross Castle, Muck Ross House, etc....then south to Cork, Blarney, Waterford,Cobh, and Kilkenny, Limerick and back to Shannon. It was just right and the South is wonderful!