Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

HELP! Any problems with museum tickets for Florence w/ Weekend@Firenze?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 06:28 PM
Annalynn

I purchased tickets two weeks ago via Weekend at Firenze (http://www.weekendafirenze.com) as recommended on this forum for the Ufizzi and the Academia. I received three emails in the first 24 hours. The emails I received stated that my transaction was confirmed, and that I should "await receipt of my confirmation number that I would receive soon," and that my credit card had been charged successfully.<BR><BR>Two weeks has gone by with no further contact from Weekend at Firenze, and I've sent three emails, a fax and had no luck with their telephone number, despite calling at 11am and 3 pm Italy times to get through - it just rings and then has no way to leave a message. <BR><BR>Now we leave for Italy in two days, VISA has verified the charge, and I'm freaking since all three of my emails clearly state "You do not yet have a confirmation number to be admitted to any attractions."<BR><BR>Has anyone ever had problems with them before? How have you claimed your tickets? What proof did the museums require?

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 07:37 PM
jim

This kinda freaks me out. I was just about to place an order for several sets of tickets from this site by credit card. Maybe I'd better wait to see the result of this. Any help for this lady?

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 08:01 PM
Harriette

I called the Uffizi directly and reserved for there and the Accademia. there is a small service charge I think it is $1.50 euros. You don't have to give a credit card but go directly to front of the line where reservation office is. When I called they gave me a confirmation # Their phone # is 011 39 055 294 883. Have fun

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 08:02 PM
Harriette

topping for Annalynn

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 02:03 AM
Chris

I used them last year without incident -- I do believe that the confirmation email came VERY close to my trip (like within a day or so). I think there is a place on their website that you can use to get your confimation if you haven't received it (at least there WAS last year). I remember thinking that I'd have to use it.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 02:27 AM
Moonbeam

There is a link on their website to check your reservation . I have used them with no problems

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 09:08 AM
a--z

I used them a couple years ago without incident. Just looked at the website, and as Moonbeam suggested there's a link to 'check your reservation'. Also if you're trying to call, I'd suggest trying earlier approx 9:30 or 10:30 am Italy time or later, after 4:30pm --- at 3pm Italy, possible that they're closed for siesta.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Annalynn

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, the link on the website to check your reservation requires that you actually have your customer code, which they still haven't given me.<BR><BR>I sent three more emails today, and between my husband and myself, tried calling at least once a hour beginning at 8am local Italy time.<BR><BR>At this point I'm leaning towards Harriette's advice of calling the museums directly and contacting VISA to refuse payment, not to mention warning everyone possible not to use their services.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 04:57 AM
Paul

I was getting ready to order tickets for Ufizzi & Academia for a June trip. I probably won't now. Have others who've recently ordered from this site had the same problems as Annalynn?

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 10:41 AM
a--z

Annalynn,<BR>Any response to your emails?<BR><BR>

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Rene

I recieved my confirmation codes the next day.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 03:20 PM
gaye

Wow! That is not good at all. I ordered tickets last month and received my confirmation the same week for a June visit. Hope this works out for you. When you get back will you update everyone? Thanks!

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 03:49 PM
mark

we tried to order tickets through weekend a firenze and were told our order could not be filled- dates not available. when we returned form europe found we were charged for tickets anyway and got nowhere trying to be reimbursed. finally gave up as the complaints dept seems nonexistent.<BR>our hotel was able to get us all the tickets we wanted without trouble- i would steer clear of weekend a firenze.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 04:29 PM
jahoulih

I got tickets to the Accademia and Uffizi (including the Vasari corridor) through www.florenceart.it and had what I thought was very good service.