Ireland in October

Sep 9th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Original Poster

Ireland in October

Have not planned our trip past Ballyvaughan. We will have 5 days left and wanted to go North. Perhaps two days in Donegal, two days in....well have no idea thats why suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Our last night though was thinking of Newgrange. Help...........
Sep 9th, 2009, 11:20 AM

I am not that familiar with the island, But I am staying around Ennis, and we are planning to visit the the southwest coast. Cliffs of Mohr, Cobh,(Queenstown)the site of the Titanic departure, they have walking tours. I have also went on Goolge Earth/maps which shows places to go and such.
Have a afe and wonderful trip
Jaye
Sep 9th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for replying Jaye. We are traveling from the South up. Going towards Northern Ireland. So far I checked Glenveah NTL Park (looks like a nice place) and the village of Ardara.
Sep 9th, 2009, 04:43 PM

I definitely recommend Glenveagh National Park. Also think about the Slieve League Cliffs. A day and night on Achill Island would be a good choice, also. On the way to or from Co. Donegal, don't miss the Gleniff Horseshoe scenic drive, and Glencar Lake and Waterfall.

Neat things to in Co. Fermanagh, around Enniskillen.
Sep 9th, 2009, 06:16 PM

We visited Dublin, Kinsale, Galway, and Dingle in June--absolutely loved Dingle! You can check out our trip report at www.hitherandthither.net in case any of these might fit on your itinerary! --Ashley
Sep 14th, 2009, 04:01 AM

If you are flying out of Dublin you could travel straight north, Galway, Sligo, Donegal. then travel east though Northern Ireland and come back south to Dublin along the east coast. It would be a good bit of traveling but you would definitely see alot!
Sep 17th, 2009, 08:22 AM

The north of Ireland coast is great and very scenic,if you get the weather in particular the Antrim coast. Go see the Giant's Causeway, and then visit Belfast itself. There is a good motorway between Belfast and Dublin and it's an easy enough drive if you have a sat nav for your destination in Dublin.

Glenveagh National Park in Donegal is lovely, but weather may make it unviewable at times.
Sep 17th, 2009, 09:22 AM
tod

Cubanita - Here is our trip report from May this year.
We landed at Dublin and went straight to Northern Ireland.
It was so beautiful!
Lots of photos attached.
Sep 17th, 2009, 09:23 AM
tod

Well, silly me ! Here it is:http://tinyurl.com/mmm492