Ireland - Emailing digital pictures

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since most hotels/b&Bs don't have internet access, I was wondering if anyone would have suggestions for emailing digital pix back home. Would the internet cafes let me do it on their computers? Would I have to load my camera software on their computers? I'm trying to figure this out.
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 11:03 PM

I think you can do it without loading your software on to the cafe computer. If you have a newer, more popular camera. If you can find a cafe with a mac, your chances of not having to load the software, would definetly increase.
If you just want to free up space for more pic's I would just buy another memory card.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 07:32 AM
amelia

I'm interested in answers to this question, too.

We went to Ireland this past summer for two weeks, and I was wondering how to do this. I found out that you can buy special memory readers to attach to computers (my memory type is compact flash) but I'm still not sure how that all would work at an Internet Cafe. Hope someone enlightens us with their experiences.

In the meantime, running out of time, I did just what Indymajic recommended: bought another (big!) memory card and another battery while I was at it. It worked great. I kept my memory cards for each week separate; I kept an extra battery in my pocket at all times.

By the way, most battery chargers for digitals are dual voltage, so all you need is a UK type adaptor--no transformer, etc.

Old Oct 7th, 2003, 08:52 AM

Most camera shops here will put your digital photos on disc for you to take home.

Old Oct 7th, 2003, 03:44 PM
amelia

Carol: I was so hoping somebody computer sage would post us some fabulous detailed response so we could find out.

Got this off the net, so it looks as though our computer memory and/or CD might be the best idea:

http://www.sunspot.net/technology/cu...2336689.column