Reload this Page >

Hotel Europa in Florence

Search

Hotel Europa in Florence

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 01:47 PM
sockboy

Hotel Europa in Florence

Has anyone stayed at this Hotel? I am staying at the end of the month and have found little on it in the search on it, although the few breif comments do seem to be positive. I belive it is across the street from Casci.

Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was mentioned in the travel sectio of the NY Times a year or so ago. This is form the article:
"My $82 room at the Hotel Europa, Via C. Cavour 14, (39-055) 239-6715, fax (39-055) 210-361, www
.webhoteleuropa.com, was small but clean, with a closet-sized private bath (shower, no tub). The twin bed and other furnishings were Ikea-basic but the casement windows were triple-glazed. The rate included a breakfast of yogurt, cereal, bread, cheese and cappuccino. "

The article also commented on a great view of a courtyard from the room. I've stayed at the Casci. The location is great.
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 11:32 AM
sockboy

Thank you!

I hadn't seen this.

Anyone actually stay there?

Old Oct 6th, 2003, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes we had stayed there.We went there like 5 years ago and had a very good experience.The location is great and we didn't have the breakfast for some reason.The view from the room to the courtyard as they mentioned in the article is accurate.We had a full moon that night and It was incredible!The only bad thing was that the Hotel was in a building I think it was in the 2nd floor(elevator to the hotel) and no elevator to your room and it was kind of weird because instead of a handrail in the stairs of the hotel there was a velvet rope.Not very practical but looked fabulous.We walked from the metro to the hotel.In the morning you have to fight the crowd from the market to get there but it's very close.The manager was extremely nice and spoke english and was so kind to us.He gave us the BIG room,that actually was like a mini suite and we only stayed there for one day.It was long time ago like I said and I travel for a living so the memory of the place is not all there but I remember it fondly.If you need any more info contact me and I'll ask my husband.He remembers everything.Good luck! Ciao!
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 04:05 PM
sockboy

Thank you so much for the comments. I have only heard good things, so I think we did well in selecting it. They have a special on right now for 90euros/night for a double including breakfast for a 3 night stay. The rate is about the lowest that I was able to find for a recommended hotel, so I did wonder about the place.

Thank you again!