Reload this Page >

Interval timeshare condos in Spain?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 07:46 AM
canuck

We had a week's timeshare slot given to us and were thinking of using it for a Spain trip. Has anyone stayed at any of the Interval condos anywhere in Spain and what was your opinion. Thanks.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 03:29 PM
been

If you are used to timeshare condos in the US, be prepared for a quite different style and quality of timeshare overseas. The timeshare I visited in southern Spain with a friend turned out to be at first glance a low priced hotel in a neighborhood far from any sights. What we were used to in the US in terms of comfortable furniture, nice decor, condo facilities, and resort facilities was pretty disappointing there, but then again I was not prepared for it. It seemed that just having a place to stay was the requirement; tiny check-in office with modular vinyl furniture (w/ cig holes burned in them), we had to drag our luggage up four flights of stairs, and the decor was wild sixties colors with thin mattresses and threadbare bedding, resort nothing to write home about. We decided it was like camping more than condo sharing and used it as a base for our thing while we took short trips to Barcelona and Madrid. Just be prepared for something different as you are not in the US. Try to get as much info on the resort and its location before you confirm. And ask for any quality/satisfaction survey results that might be available.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Carl

We spent a week last year on Costa Del Sol near Marbella. Condo was at Marina del Sol just west of Fuengirola. This was a wonderful place and very friendly. We had a car and took side trips such as Rhonda. Great place.<BR>Our only mistake was that we flew into Madrid then had to drive 6 hours to get there. Oh well, the price of the ticket was worth it at the time.<BR><BR>Good luck,<BR>

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Mary

Hi Canuck, We actually booked a condo thru Interval in Southern Spain for the middle of October. Its in Mijas-Costa and named Miraflores beach and country club. The place (from the brochure picture) looks dated but clean and the price was right! They do strongly suggest that we have a car, so I'm pretty sure its out of the way, but we're only using it as a base as we explore southern Spain. My email address is included in the heading so if you find out any more info on II condos in Spain please post your facts or email me. Thanks and good luck.

Old Aug 11th, 2004, 04:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mary: I came across your message when I was doing timeshare condo research on Malaga. I realize it's a little dated but hopefully you might still chech the board every so often. How did your stay at Miraflores Beach &amp; Country CDlub turn out? I may be able to get a week at the complex &amp; any info would be helpful. Thanks.
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 06:59 AM

The Marriott properties throughout Spain are 1st class. I stayed at the Marbella property last year and the rooms, grounds, and staff were excellent.
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 02:24 PM

Agree with Richard K. We've stayed at the Marriott Marbella twice and LOVED it both times (and will be back again). It's absolutely great.

We've also stayed at II's La Manga Club near Murcia, and while the place was excellent, we were a bit disappointed in that area of Spain--like Audalusia, and Barcelona, Madrid-Toledo more.

We've also had friends stay at II timeshares in Spain who were very happy with them.

You might want to check out tug2.net for more information on this. Also, II themselves have a ranking system and you can ask what the ranking is of the place you have in mind before booking it.