Interesting tours in Paris that men and women would like

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2012, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was one of your most fun/memorable tour experiences in Paris? I'm looking for something that both men and women would enjoy. I know it depends on your interests, but if you have had any good experiences, I'd love to hear about them.
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 04:49 PM

Have a look at:

<u>Musee du Vin</u> - www.museeduvinparis.com/en/there is a short tour you can do of the old quarries which were used as wine cellars by the monks at the Passy Monastery. There is also an attached Restaurant which offers wine and cheese pairings (3 wines and 3 cheeses selected by a Sommelier based on your tastes) as well as wine tasting classes.

<u>Paris on Two Wheels</u> - if you've not been on one before and want to see Paris in a slightly different way, then a Segway Tour might be for you. There are a few companies in the city, but try Fat Bike Tours as they have a great Segway tour and also offer a Bike Tour of the city which covers a lot of ground but is at an easy pace as well as day or night tours.

<u>Les Catacombes</u> - if you're into history and gruesome history at that, you'll enjoy a walk through the catacombes which are the final resting place of a selection of bones from those who were once buried in a cemetery in Les Halles (in 18thC). Again, old limestone quarries were used to house the bodies and the bones are arranged in interesting patterns. Not for the squeamish, yes for the curious!

<u>Citroën 2CV Tour</u> - limited seating, obviously, but what a way to see the city in a classic French beauty (well, I think they're beautiful). The tours cover the major sights of Paris on a drive (with stops) and the driver provides information on the city, sights and any questions you have.
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 04:57 PM

Segway tour
Most Paris Walks
Catacombs
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 05:40 PM

The Paris Walks Montmartre tour...the one with the great story about the guy who got caught in the brick wall (a sculplture you will see).
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 05:45 PM
Original Poster

We have plans to go on the Montmartre tour. So glad it was one of your favorites!
Never heard of a couple of these tours. Will check them out.
Merci!
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 04:28 AM

The Crazy Horse.
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 04:47 AM

Interesting. I've never thought of touring Paris as anything but interesting to both sexes.
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 05:02 AM

Montmartre tour and Segway -the twos really memorable for me.
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 05:44 AM

Have not taken, but there is a behind the scenes tour of the Eiffel tower. There is also a tour of the grand Opera Garnier.
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 07:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
http://www.getyourguide.com/en/tours...uides/?id=3633

English speaking tour of The Opera Garnier.

We are not "tour" people so when I booked this before leaving home I was taking a chance. As we waited for our tour guide in the plain, cement lower level of the opera house, my husband was looking dagers at me---what did I get him into?

It turned out to be a real favorite for both of us. Every level that you go up gets more & more ornate and interesting. MDH took tons of photos & the tour guide was so enthusiastic & informative. You can go on your own, but you'd miss the wonderful stories she told.

Paris is so beautiful & interesting that I think you'll be surprised what the guys enjoy.
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 07:37 AM

I love the Paris Walks tours and have taken about a dozen of them.

The free Notre Dame tour was great - took it twice.

I'm not aware of gender-specific tours anywhere since these types of tours would eliminate half the market and what company would want to do that?
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 07:45 AM

I have taken the Behind the Scenes Eiffel Tower tour... worth very penny. Have done 3 Fat Tire Segway tours and will take a 4th next visit as they are that much fun.

Try an electric bike tour with Paris Charms and Secrets. Our 4 hour tour took us to places I'd never been on 5 previous visits including places the guide (who was excellent) had keys for so you'd never have seen them on your own. I am no cyclist but the electric bikes make it so easy.
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 08:01 AM

I am sincerely wondering what kind of tours wouldn't appeal to both genders. I've never taken a tour in Paris except for ones of the Opéra Garnier and La Madeleine and Les Arènes de Lutèce with my best Parisian friend, who is a tour guide, but I can't think of any sort of single-sex tour-type activity.
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 09:21 AM

I also loved the tour of the Opera Garnier and every Paris Walks tour I've done has been interesting and fun. One of my best experiences was a Fat Tire Bike Tour around the city. Have a great time whatever you do.
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 09:36 AM

I suspect that a tour of the fashion museum would appeal mainly to women, as well as any of the specialized shopping tours. And that a tour including a night at Crazy Horse probably would appeal mainly to men. But I suspect the idea is that some tours would appeal more to women than men (not too many mainly appealing to men) if related to fashion, shopping, perfume or even such things as decorative arts or food (like cooking). A tour of the soccer stadium at St Denis probably would appeal mainly to men.

I've been on lots of interesting tours but walking tours by French guides that go into some different areas of the city other than the mainstream tours for most tourists. You can find them in Pariscope or l'Officiel des Spectacles under "Conferences".
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 03:01 PM

<i>
Christina on Feb 22, 12 at 1:36pm
And that a tour including a night at Crazy Horse probably would appeal mainly to men.</i>

Oh you would be surprised. I didn't take a tour but just went with a mixed group. The girls and grannies loved it. That place is fascinating.
Old Feb 28th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your suggestions. I agree that most tours/activities would appeal to both men and women. I have plenty to choose from.