Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Incredibly Lucky and totally confused. Where to go in Europe for ten days April 21st.

Search

Incredibly Lucky and totally confused. Where to go in Europe for ten days April 21st.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have just found out we are able to travel anywhere in europe for about ten days starting April 21st. This is so exciting and confusing. We have traveled extensively through the years but have always had time to prepare. Where are your favorites this time of year??
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 07:58 PM

Ok, where are you coming from? Can you land anywhere?

April in Paris is very, very nice.
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 08:09 PM

Been to Rome? Madrid?

They are warm this time of year.

Paris in April can be rainy. It was when I was there in April. To help decide, you can check the forecast at Yahoo Weather.

London is fascinating but expensive.

If you plan indoor events in Paris, as I do, and can tolerate a few showers, I think Paris would be my top pick.

You could spend most of 5 days in Paris and then take the fast train to London for the remainder, provided you can get open-jaw tickets AND can fly out of Gatwick.

Heathrow is a quagmire if current reports are correct, particularly T5.

I haven't been there, so all I know about Heathrow is what I read.

Old Apr 12th, 2008, 08:15 PM

If you want some more feedback from Fodorites, list some priorities -- coast, mountains; village, big city, rural; culture, relaxation; new place, favorite place... otherwise it's too hard to say. I was in Italy (Tuscany and Italian Riviera) this time last year and it was gorgeous!!!
Old Apr 13th, 2008, 11:48 AM
yk

Germany/Austria. Why? For the annual Spargel (white asparagus). They're so good that it's worth going just to eat them.
Old Apr 13th, 2008, 11:57 AM

Sicily !
Great spring wild flowers.
Old Apr 13th, 2008, 12:09 PM

Andalucia is divine at this time of year! Seville, sunny skies, white village, proud horses, flamenco, Alhambra in Granada, Cordoba, Jerez and the horses, etc,etc.

Portugal is another idea if you want perfect weather and Morocco is divine in April....go to Fez and the desert ( although not quite Europe...an exotic destination that will thrill you will vivid memories like no place else).

If you are not big on rain and love sunshine, I would stay to the south. southern Spain, southern Italy, Greece, southern Portugal, etc

Save northern Europe for a later when there is less chance of ugly weather. I find it so much more fun to travel in ideal weather and that is in the south now ( which will be too hot in the summer...so this is the smart time here).

It is kind of fun to wing it & you will come up with a good plan faster than you think. If you chose Spain, grab Maribel's free guides and you get a running start.

You can always look at our blog archives for ideas....we have been touring Europe for almost 2 years now:

http://www.soultravelers3.com

Lucky you, I am sure you will have a ball no matter where you decide!