In Spain for two weeks

Aug 11th, 2002, 10:29 PM
gai

In Spain for two weeks

Hi! I will be visiting Madrid and Barcelona in October. Any other must-visit places in Spain? Also, what is the cheapest way to get from Spain to London?

Thanks!

Aug 11th, 2002, 11:28 PM
Art

A one day trip to Avilla and Segovia from Madrid is worthwhile. Segovia has a two thousand year old Roman aqueduct. Avilla is a UNESCO protected walled city. You could also take a day trip to El Escoral. You could take the AVE train to Seville from Madrid with a stop in Cordoba. Granada has the last and greatest fortress that the Moors built, with beautiful gardens. You could also take a day trip to Morocco and a half day to Gibraltar. I'm sure that others will also have some suggestions. Have a great trip.

Aug 12th, 2002, 04:09 AM
Andre

Gai,

The cheapest way to get from Madrid or Barcelona to London is to fly on Easyjet, Go or BMI (Madrid only).

www.easyjet.com
www.gofly.com
www.flybmi.com

Hope this helps,
Andre

Aug 12th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Graziella

There are so many " must places"
in Spain besides Madrid and Barcelona that no one can really tell you where to go. I guess you can pick up any good travel book and read about the different regions most tourist go. Then it will be easier to ask and get useful answers.

Aug 12th, 2002, 04:21 PM
Rhonda

I definitely agreee - Segovia is a must see. The aqueduct is AMAZING!!!! We also did a day trip from Madrid to Toledo which was nice if you have the time. But, more than anything, I would urge you to take the very nice AVE train from Madrid to Sevilla. Beautiful city, lovely people and we had the BEST place to stay for only 66 euros a night! It even had a washer and dryer! If you want more info, feel free to email me.

Aug 12th, 2002, 09:07 PM
Julie

Toledo is an easy day trip from Madrid and well worth it.

Aug 12th, 2002, 09:29 PM
Sam

Hi there:
If you can get into a hotel (it's very popular), I would recommend San Sebastian in the Basque Country. One of the most beautiful sea side resorts, with food to-die-for and friendly locals.