Immigration-Holland.

Mar 9th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Immigration-Holland.

I need to try and trace a man in Holland who is probably an illegal immigrant.
In Britain if he had come into contact with the immigration authorities they would have taken his fingerprints on Livescan and pending his application for asylum, he would have been required to live at a particular address. I don't know if his application has been determined ( because if he has been refused he will have gone to ground.)
My question is twofold
1. What is the name and address of the immigration authority in Holland? I can probably obtain a court order for them to disclose information about him.
2. Does anyone know if they have Livescan or something similar in Holland- because he may well have used or be using a different name.
Obviously there is background to this- but I'd be very grateful for any information anyone has.
Mar 9th, 2011, 08:49 AM

Have a look at http://english.ind.nl/ and see if that helps.
They are responsible for all immigration and naturalisation in the Netherlands.

There is no scanning of people entering the Netherlands. The passport is scanned on entry, if they came from a non Schengen country, and probably stamped, but no fingerprint or eye scans are done.
Mar 9th, 2011, 09:58 AM

I think you had best get professional help from someone who is equipped to do this type of search. Contacting some sort of private investigation firm would seem a better avenue than expecting help from a travel forum. I mean there used to be a frequent contributor to these threads, initials CW, who is a policeman in the UK, but what do the rest of us know?
Mar 9th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for that web-site hetismij, I think it will allow me to make contact with the Authority.
I have asked the question here because people on this forum have all sorts of experiences and information-as demonstarted by the response above. Generally when wondering whether to post I query whether I would know the same information about my country/area.The only information I needed was as set out in my original post, I was not asking anyone to try and find the person for me.
In any event thank you to both of you for your time and help.
Jun 5th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Original Poster

I am back to thank hetismij once more as this was the correct address and I have received a reply.
Jun 5th, 2011, 12:43 AM

Glad to hear it Frances. I hope it all works out for you.