Reload this Page >

I'm cheap but my wife is cheaper

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 07:45 PM
Dick Wilson

I know this isn't Frommer's but...We use coupons for everything at home. Does anyone have any great specials or coupons for Paris? I would love to know.<BR>Thanks, Dick

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 07:55 PM
Rex

This isn't really an answer to your question, but a commentary on these "passes". I have seen a number of these that are pseudo-bargains in that they "bundle" a lot of other attractions that you might not have planned to see. Case in point (and these might not be actually numbers) - - you can go see the Doges Palace (in Venice) for 6 euros, for example, but for 8 euros you can see two other museums, and for 10 euros you can see five other museums as a package.<BR><BR>Now if the goal was to save money - - and you were content to just wander the streets of Venice instead of going to see those other places - - didn't you just spend 4 more euros to "save" something? A similar packaging exists in Pisa (even before the tower was opened) - - for the Duomo, the Baptistry, etc.<BR><BR>Rail passes seem similar to me also. You spend $270 or whatever amount and you figure out how to ride the train all the time with it. Figure out how to use the train less and buy point-to point tickets that cost less than the pass.<BR><BR>End of soapbox.<BR><BR>Hope you find the prices that match your budget for Paris - - whatever you choose to go see.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:29 PM
Digital Traveler

If you are planning to take a Seine cruise check out www.pontneuf.com. There is a 2 euro off internet coupon

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:30 PM
Digital Traveler

Correction - www.pontneuf.net<BR>Sorry

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 05:05 AM
up

up<BR>

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 05:31 AM
Kris

It's not a coupon, but a museum pass in Paris can save you a bundle, provided you are looking to see a lot of attractions. It covers virtually everything except the Eiffel Tower. www.intermusees.com has all the info. But the best part of the pass is that you skip the sometimes very long line to get into places.<BR><BR>And the view from the top of the Samarataine Dept store is free.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 08:00 AM
ed

One question Dick old boy. Why did you find the need to slam Frommer's?

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 08:27 AM
elaine

As mentioned, the museum pass can save you time and money as long as you plan your days well. You buy it for X number of consecutive days, so you have to think about the day that the Louvre is closed (Tues) but the Orsay museum is open (also Tues), for example.<BR>The Museum pass doesn't cover some attractions, like one of my favorites, the Marmottan museum.<BR>

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 08:30 AM
elaine

I meant to add, I recommend your visiting one of the tourist offices when you are in Paris. They often have coupons for some attractions, and good suggestions in general.<BR>127 avenue de Champs-Elysees<BR><BR>I have a file on Paris; if you'd like to see it, email me.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 02:27 PM

topping<BR>