iISTANBUL TO ROME & NICE.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are 2 agile senior couples who will be leaving our cruise at Isanbul & stayiny for 6 days , we would like to rent sn spartment or find a B&B in Istanbul , & then 2 will be going on to Rome the other 2 to Nice O/W there dose'nt seem to be many flights out of ISTANBUL
Would it be feasable by train ? we would appreceiate any input or sugestions
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 12:50 AM

Hi

Have you checked Turk Air or Alitalia for a flight from Istanbul to Rome.

Re accommodation. When are you going? What is your budget per night? We stayed in Sultanahmet. Very handy to all tourist attractions. We stayed at the Hanedan Hotel but across the road I had a look at the Hotel Alp Guesthouse - http://www.alpguesthouse.com/. I thought it was an excellent accommodation option.

I have a few notes on Istanbul. If you think it may help, email me on [email protected] and I will email them to you.

Best of luck.
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 03:14 AM
J62

Train from Istanbul to Rome is 46hrs and requires 3 changes.

Old Jan 21st, 2007, 03:35 AM

Hi - don't think B&B is prevalent in Turkey - suggest you look for a good pension.

Can recommend the Pension Side in Sultanhamet if you want clean and efficient without lux. They are excellently located and have a nice roof terrace where you take breakfast (which is (was) included in the price so I suppose it is a sort of B&B!!).

When I was researching a way to get to Istanbul 3 years ago I came across germanwings.com (Lufthansa's budget arm).

They have an extensive network and maybe you could find something to Nice or Rome via Koln.

Old Jan 21st, 2007, 03:53 AM

If you are looking for budget flights the only direct service to Italy would probably be to Milan from Istanbul (www.skyscanner.net) and direct budget service to France would be to Paris.

Since you are leaving a cruise how much <b>luggage</b> will you have? For most flights <b>within</b> Europe the checked baggage limits will probably be 20KG (44 pounds) of checked luggage per passenger
on flights, budget or otherwise.
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 11:10 AM
cmt

I am pretty sure that Turkish Airlines flies from Istanbul to Rome.

Are you serious about trying to take a train to Rome from Istanbul? It would take days.

Do you have your mind set on staying in a B&amp;B? I think they might be somewhat rare.
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 12:00 PM

Turkish Air and Alitalia both fly from Istanbul to Rome. Alitalia probably flies from Istanbul to Milan, too, and from there your friends could catch a train to Nice ( about 4 hours).
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 10:18 PM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone I will look into your sugestions I think Italia will be the best to Rome &amp; fly to London Eastjet &amp; out again to Nice .
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 12:31 AM

Hi

I would fly to Paris then maybe there is a domestic flight to Nice or a train at least. I would avoid doubling back to London and going through Heathrow.