Direct flight Italy to istanbul low cost options

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Want to go to Italy next Spring - either to Florence/Bologna area or Sicily. After 2 weeks I would like to make a short stay in Istanbul.

Unless I use Turkish Airline (which flies direct from Rome - Istanbul) which costs something like $2000 one way (through serach on Kayak.com), the only low cost (<200 euro) option is Milan-Istanbul using MyAir.

I tried WhichBudget - although they say there is direct flight between Bologna-Istanbul (Pegasus, Merdiana), I came up with nothing when I searched the Pegasus and Meridiana websites. Same for Rome-Istanbul. Whichbudget listed Windjet, but when I searched the Windjet website there is nothing.

Does anyone know what cities in Italy can I get a low cost flight to Istanbul (except Milan, which I know already). Thanks.

Old Sep 24th, 2008, 04:17 PM

You may be searching too early for these budget airlines--they may not post their schedules yet.
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Original Poster

I wasn't checking dates for next spring - I was even checking dates in October to December of 08.
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 05:14 AM

have you tried www.momondo.com. They have Rome - Istanbul for much less than you are quoting. All flights via Zurich. This is checking prices here in Europe
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 05:35 AM

The timetables you're looking at are telling you that there aren't any low cost flights from Italy's minor towns to Istanbul this winter.

If whichbudget says there are, it means there were last summer. Assume they won't be reinstated before the summer timetables (usually the last Saturay in March at the earliest), though these days I wouldn't rely even on that.

Your only option is to make your way to Milan.