Search

If you were me

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you were me

OK, here I go again, if all of you out there had a car and were going to the Salsburg area would you stay in Berchtesgaden, Salzkammergut Lake or in Salsburg. This will be for the beginning of May.

Originally I had my mind set on staying in the city so we could just walk out of our hotel and walk all over. Now, looking at where the hotels are situated unless you stay in the old center, looks as if we'd have to take a bus to go wherever we're going. If I do stay in Salsburg looks as if I'd better pick a hotel in the old center.
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 01:22 PM
rex

If I were you, I would re-post this question immediately, with a message header that indicates what info you are seeking - - rather than try to snag everyone's attention (whether they know anything about or have any interest in the Sal<b>z</b>burg area or not) - - by saying &quot;please stop and read my posting to see what it's about!&quot;

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 01:25 PM

My choice is St. Gilgen, but you knew that.
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 03:42 PM

There are dozens of B&amp;B's and small hotels in the Salzkammergut. I loved the area and prefered to stay there in warmer weather when I could enjoy it. Regards.
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 03:49 PM

I would stick with your idea of staying In Salzburg - it's charming at night and there are tons of things to do/see. You don;t have to stay in the pedestrian zone. there are lots of hotels just outside the zone (easy walking distance - a couple of blocks) that will give you the best of both worlds - city center at night and room for a car to tour with.