Ibis hotel Geneve Centre

Jan 13th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Ibis hotel Geneve Centre

Has anyone stayed recently in the Hotel Ibis in the center of Geneva? If so, what did you think of it? Acceptable for the price?

I have looked up several web sites that list it, but no one really gives a good review or a really bad one.

By my standards a Marriott Courtyard King room is all the luxury I need, and I often make do with less.

Jan 13th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

Well, amend that. One guy on Fodors said it was a 4.2 out of 5.
Jan 13th, 2005, 11:19 AM

An Ibis is definitely not going to have a king bed, but those are not that common in Europe as you know. When I stayed at an Ibis (not in Geneva), there was a smallish double bed (too small for two people, IMO) and a wall bed above that. I've also heard of two twin beds.
Jan 13th, 2005, 11:42 AM

I wouldn't be so sure that an Ibis wouldn't have a king bed. The Ibis we stayed at outside Utrecht had king beds (or rather 180 cm by 200 cm, which is certainly big enough for one or two people). I think the Ibis in Chartres had beds about that size as well...I do know there was plenty of room for my husband and I. We haven't encountered the bed configuration you described yet, WillTravel. Did you request a family room? We did have that configuration at a Formule 1 (which is the no star, lowest end of the Accor group that owns Etap, Ibis, Novotel, Mercure, Sofitel, etc.) and you're right, it is a squeeze for two adults.
Brookwood, did you look up the hotel itself on the Accor web site? It might show you pictures of the room (or not, some of the listings for Ibis don't offer much info about individual hotels). You could always email them to ask.
Any particular reason for choosing this hotel? I like Accor group hotels as a whole, but wouldn't go out of my way to stay at an Ibis.
Jan 13th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

It is centrally loccated and cheaper than the others.

But I am curious. I you have not stayed at the hotel and cannot answer my question why say anything?

I simply used the Marriott as an example of my tolerances. As for king beds, they are common in Austria. I have found them in several hotels.

But answering when you don't know what you are talking about baffles me.
I guess ignorance of the subjectis no barrier to babbling.
Jan 13th, 2005, 12:06 PM

Brookwood, the answer to your last question (so charming) is that we have stayed at many Ibis hotels. They are fairly similar (by design). You didn't indicate whether you have ever stayed at any Ibis hotels anywhere and we also wanted to let you know that it was possible you could get a king bed if you needed one. FWIW, my husband checked out the Ibis in Geneva when he was there for a convention and it struck him as about average for the brand.