Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

I Will Need a Budget Hotel in Paris With a Refrigerator for Medication. Search Site?

I Will Need a Budget Hotel in Paris With a Refrigerator for Medication. Search Site?

Jul 4th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Jon

I will need a 2* (mid-range budget) hotel in Paris but it must have a small refrigerator as my daughter's medication must be refrigerated. Is there a particular search engine that you know of where I might type in this criteria? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Jul 4th, 2002, 01:08 PM
Catherine

I don't know of any search engines, but you might start by picking an area you'd like to stay in, then narrowing it down from there.
Frommers website had a list of hotels, try looking it up to see if they mention fridges.
I'm assuming you need a mini-bar type of fridge, which would be easier to find.

Jul 4th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Catherine

Here's the website address in case you're interested.
http://www.frommers.com/destinations...&articleid=388

Jul 4th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Tammy

Jon,
Both of these hotels had refrigerators in the rooms when I stayed at them in 2000. Residence Monge in the 5th, located between the Monge and Cardinal Lemoine metro stop. I paid under $100 2 years ago. The other was the St. Dominique in the 7th near the Eiffel Tower and Invalides. It was also under $100 but it didn't have A/C.
Tammy

Jul 4th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Christina

You can do a search by that on the Paris Tourist Office web site, they have done an outstanding job with providing all kinds of information on their web site.

Go to the hotel section, and you can search for "minibar" if you click on the detailed search button. I hope that is sufficient as I really don't know of any budget hotel with full refrigerators (even small ones), only in suites or apartments. I have had no problem using minibars for whatever I want of my own (usually cheese or some wine), but I have read a few posts on here from folks who said their hotel would not allow them to use the minibar for their own items -- so, to be safe, I'd be sure to mention your special circumstances and ask about that in a reservation request. My test search turned up the Familia hotel in the 5th arr. which I think would be a good choice for you. I think there were about 5 such hotels in the 5th. I do think it is not the norm for 2-star hotels to have minibars, so you might want to relax your critteria if you don't find something suitable immediately. I don't know what your budget is, but what I'm thinking is that some 3 star hotels (many of which have minibars) may be in your budget range as long as you don't want one with AC or in the most expensive areas (like St Germain).

Jul 5th, 2002, 06:53 AM
Alice

You can 'shop' at www.france-hotel-guide.com... they will display hotels by area and by number of stars, and each hotel display indicates whether there is a minibar or not (shows a little fridge picture). I'm going to investigate Hotel de l'Empereur in the 7th on my next trip - it is a 2-star with a minifridge next to Invalides, with a double/twin for around $80-90. There are a number of small hotels in 7e that will have a minibar.

Jul 6th, 2002, 06:53 PM
msa

We stayed at the Hotel de Bretagne about a year ago and it is a 3* Best Western in the Montparnasse area. Not fancy, but the staff was absolutely wonderful! The local was great too...not in the middle of all the touristy stuff...but the metro is only 2 blocks away so very easy to get to everything. The hotel had minibars in the rooms. The website is www.bwbretagnemontparnasse.com

Jul 6th, 2002, 07:40 PM

We stayed at Hotel Daguerre in the 14th last year. It was 2*, I think, and was about 80 a night. It was very small but very nice, and it had a mini-bar fridge.