Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

I will be in Scotland during new year...where should I be?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Kyle

I will be in scotland from the 29th of December until the 3rd of January. I have yet to choose where to go beside Edinburgh. I know everyone is going to be in Edinburgh for hogmanay but I think my wife and I would rather be somewhere else. We do not mind the crowds but I think 100,000 is too many people. ANy ideas where to go?

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Danna

Kyle, from reading other posts on this time in Scotland, I'm assuming you are in Edinburgh WITH reservations, or else you will somewhere far away from Edinburgh (Sheila warns and it must be true.) As I am the one woman Galloway cheerleader I suggest that you think about going to the Southwest, particularly Kirkcudbright, but that may be filled to the brim too. I don't know, one of these days I'll visit at that time of the year. Good luck, have a grand time!

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 02:43 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Sheila

If what you want to know is where, at a slightly smaller scale, does New Year celebrations, I'd be inclined to suggest Stonehaven for the fireballs

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Sheila

I went to find something with options for you to consider. you might find thsi helpful<BR><BR>http://www.rampantscotland.com/features/hogmanay.htm