Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

I need HELP with these 3 questions about Nice.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 05:01 PM
carrie

I will be going to Nice in January and would like someone to help me wit hthese questionsBR>1- How long is the plane ride from Paris to Nice?<BR>2- How will the weather be like in January?<BR>3- Can I take a day trip to Italy?

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 09:26 PM
charlene

you could find the answers also by doing a search on the internet - the train schedule is easy to find (our german one is www.bahnhof.de) and gives departure and arrival times. Also there are lots of weather sites too. I drove from Metz to St Tropez which is about the same and took about 10 hours. To question 3, well, if you did, it would be most travelling (unless you flew)

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 10:52 PM
xxx

Where do you want to go in Italy. If your goal is to go across the border just so you can say you've been to Italy, then the answer is about 40 minutes. To do a true day trip to Italy is not possible as the main places to visit are Venice, Florence, and Rome, not easily done in a day from Nice.<BR>The plane ride from Paris to Nice is also about 40 minutes. <BR>The weather in January will be cool, likely cloudy and rainy.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Christina

The plane ride is about an hour and a half.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Sam

The plane ride is not long. Check the airline schedule on the internet. My guess is that it's similar to Chicago to Cleveland.<BR><BR>A day trip to Italy is possible if you have a car (or even without a car) and just want to cross the border. It's not practical if you want to see a major city. It's possible (but wasteful) if you fly to Rome for lunch.<BR><BR>The weather will be similar to Los Angeles. Bring a jacket. You will probably need it but it won't be snowing. Check the internet a week or two (or even a month) before you go for the weather.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Jagger

Carrie,<BR><BR>I often go to N&iacute;ce in business...<BR><BR>1.It is 1h30.<BR>2.In the 40-50's (fahreheit)<BR>3.Of course you could, the distance to the border is about 30 miles...<BR>(But what is your motivation - only to say that you've been there, or what?).<BR><BR>Make it at least 2-3 days...<BR><BR>Jagger

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 12:49 PM
xxx

<BR><BR>I second what Jagger said for the duration of the plane flight and the likely temperature in January. <BR><BR>As for a day trip to Italy, yes, you can easily do it as the border is very close. You could merely cross the border and, for example, visit Ventimiglia, or you could go a little further to a town like San Remo.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 12:54 PM
quiz

<BR>From above posts:<BR>(a) the plane ride from Paris to Nice is about 40 minutes<BR>(b) the plane ride is about an hour and a half<BR>(c) the plane ride is not long<BR><BR>and the correct answer is.... ?<BR><BR>

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Sam

Air France flight 7700 is 1:35. Flying time is probably a little more than an hour (takeoff to landing on the runway)

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 01:04 PM
another opinion

<BR><BR>The website below says &quot;From Orly airport (south of Paris) to Nice airport: 1h 10minutes (by plane).&quot;<BR><BR>http://www.stepmind.com/website/loc.htm