I am loving the Fodors Profile Feature

Nov 28th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

I am loving the Fodors Profile Feature

I have been coming to this forum for years and I just discovered the "profile" feature. This has probably been there for years and I am just discovering it. I can be a little slow sometimes. I especially like the ones who have been brave enough to put their pictures on the profile. It is nice to get an idea of who we are chatting with.
Nov 28th, 2010, 04:20 PM

AisleSeat, I just noticed about a week ago that my Profile was displayed in the upper right hand corner of the screen when I am on Fodor's. I don't know when that started but it is something new. If you click on any poster's name, as no doubt you know, you will see their Profile.
Nov 28th, 2010, 04:27 PM

The ability to click on your name and see all your postings has been available for years. I believe the profile feature was added when the forum was totally revised last year (or the year before?). Whenever we had that huge change. I'm glad more people are updating their profiles since it's so interesting to see info on others, especially their travel quotes and travel wish list. I wish everyone would update their profiles.

LoveItaly - will you be updating your profile?
Nov 28th, 2010, 05:55 PM

It's been at least since 2007, when I was planning our trip to Oktoberfest, that you could click on your name and see all of your posts.
Nov 28th, 2010, 06:59 PM

I am always hopeful, and so often disappointed. People come on this Forum wanting DETAILED advice about an itinerary for a trip to a certain country,saying only "next summer" and not giving length of trip, exactly when, for how long, where they are coming from, NOTHING. So I hope to gain SOME insight and click on their name to see a profile -- and of course, nothing. No country, no travel preferences. Nada. It does indicate great confidence in our powers of mind-reading!!
Nov 28th, 2010, 07:53 PM

Jan - haven't you received the fodor's crystal ball that will enable you to answer questions with only the scantiest input? LOL