Huge UFO Sightings in England

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOWESTOFT -- As an amateur astronomer, I'm quite used to looking up and noticed a bright star through the cloud cover on July 28, 2007. The cloud moved on revealing a clear sky and it still looked like bright moving star. I immediately revised my opinion of it to be a satellite. Then it stopped... After five minutes had past however (the time it took me to smoke another cigarette) it didn't move. It began to move again, this time at a slower pace. I noticed two stars above it that were quite dim in comparison and formed the shape of a triangle alongside the bright star. All the stars moved with it and I realized that it was a triangle that continued to move about for a further 30 minutes.

As my eyes adjusted to the light, I thought I could make out edges that joined the three stars. It appeared to be a black triangle shape. As it continued to move erratically for the next hour at about 500 feet up and was directly over marshland and the broads. I'd spent the day at the town's annual seafront air festival seeing a variety of planes flying over the sea gave me a good yard stick for altitude.

At one point, cats started to scream and dogs began to howl. I've never heard such a chorus before and I felt a bit scared at this point. As suddenly as it had began, the chorus stopped and I was back to staring at this enigma again in complete silence. I had been watching it for one hour and 45 minutes and was utterly convinced that what I was witnessing was something extraordinary. It was then that the ball of light appeared from slightly below it. This was a real 'bloody hell!' moment and I was utterly mesmerized by it's luminance and size. Bright like a flare, it seemed to be white in the middle, but orange around the edges and it moved very steadily down from the triangle and began to move directly overhead.

At this point I freaked out and rushed into the living room to get my camera and it was directly overhead, the shape of a jelly bean. Unfortunately, my digital camera is a relatively cheap model and by the time it had fired up, the object had moved quite a distance. The triangle was no longer there, just an orange ball for another twenty minutes during which it seemed to ascend very slowly. After 30 minutes, a cloud obscured the ball of light. I have included the picture I took with the flash on as I staggered out of the house. Thanks to MUFON CMS

Liverpool – Ed Casson reports, “On the sunny afternoon of July 25, 2007, Lee Jones of Anfield looked up from the back garden of his home and saw something which terrified and mesmerized him.” An enormous saucer-shaped craft emerged slowly from the cumulus clouds and hung in the sky as in the illustration above.

The UFO was so large, a passing commercial airliner was dwarfed against it, leading Lee to estimate the unidentified craft’s size as over a mile in diameter. He ran in and fetched his wife and mother-in-law, and they too saw the gigantic circular craft – the color of ‘grey gun-metal’ – hanging in the summer sky as clouds drifted over its surface, obscuring the mysterious visitor.

After about fifteen minutes of peeping out from the clouds, the UFO was nowhere to be seen. Had something its size taken off at high speed, a sonic bang would have rocked Merseyside, but no such boom was reported.

Lee’s account is just one of many reports I have received, describing what might be the same gargantuan UFO. Earlier this year in January, a Mr Fraser of Childwall was taking a nightly stroll down when he noticed several lights in the sky. Mr Fraser quickly realized these pinpoints of light were on some darker circular object of an enormous size. The huge disc-shaped UFO moved slowly from the direction of Halewood across the sky

Throughout June, this same colossal UFO seems to have been seen by people in the Dingle, Aigburth, Grassendale and Hunt’s Cross, at night. A retired local policeman named Colin and an aviation expert from Runcorn named Greg have joined forces to get to the bottom of the giant UFO sightings, and initially believed the reports were misidentifications of the planet Venus, or aircraft lights, but now they accept that these explanations do not pan out.
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Let me clear up - it's not me that writing this - comes from a major UFO source Filer's Files.
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 11:04 AM

They're seeing UFOs in Liverpool, are they?

We used to put it down to Bent's. Now it's probably Kwiksave doing a closing down sale on Tartan Special.

Either way, amazing how many sightings happen just after chucking-out time.
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 11:09 AM

After the chicken embryo fiasco, you think they'd be keeping a low profile.
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 11:33 AM

Lotta strange stuff happening in England . . .

http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=3385413

(just thought this was funny - my apologies to pagans who find it offensive).
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 12:24 PM

Jolie, no apologies - I'm pagan and thought it was hilarious! Some of us DO have a sense of humo(u)r

I still think it should have been a game of ring toss
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

i think the Homer thing must be a Rupert Murdoch plot - Simpsons of course being a Fox Network hit and new movie coming out.

murdoch - he's BAD news!

but yes thanks for the chuckle
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 12:53 PM

Hi to another person who reads Filers files.
Old Aug 11th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Original Poster

Well i'm about the most sceptic DEBUNKER around but i have a friend who is a true true believer who inundates my e-mail with George Filer's Files and i skim it just to see what's 'up' so to say in UFO circles but i'm a total debunker - there are UFOs and that's what they are: Unidentified Flying Objects that have a natural cause that is not detected.

My friend even had a big article in a UK UFO Magazine last year or so - in the final issue as the magazine soon folded.

UK seems to be a hotbed of UFO interest - still remember the B&B owner in Glastonbury (itself a hotbed of New Age folks) who went on and on about the UFOs he had seen. Think he had been abducted as well.
Old Aug 11th, 2007, 10:03 AM

Well- there's a guy who lives somewhere down the block from me who wears a colander on his head because it prevents messages being sent from UFOs from getting through. (He apparently sees them frequently - is often mumbling about it.) It sounds like he should be contributing to that UFO web site. (Although the people at Bellevue seem to think he has a different problem.)

And I don;t want people to think I have a closed mind. It seems given the number of planets, stars and galaxies that it would be hubris to assume we are the only intelligent life in the universe. I'm just not really sure that whatever intelligent life there is would want to spend all that time watching us.

Of - perhaps what they saw were Saddam's missing weapons of mass destruction?
Old Aug 11th, 2007, 10:12 AM

"Well- there's a guy who lives somewhere down the block from me who wears a colander on his head because it prevents messages being sent from UFOs from getting through."

Let me guess -- you live in Idaho, and the guy down the block is named jaane????
Old Aug 11th, 2007, 03:24 PM

Oh Patrick
Old Aug 13th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Original Poster

<After five minutes had past however (the time it took me to smoke another cigarette) it didn't move. It began to move again>

the 'amateur astonomer' in the OP said the above

it makes me wonder what kind of 'cigarette' he smoked... and then it began to move again?
Old Aug 13th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Jed

It must be the same UFO that has been around since 1947. I will believe it when it lands in the center of any city.
Old Aug 13th, 2007, 06:20 AM

Has anyone seen any unusual objects around Birmingham, England lately? I've actually seen three objects that were flying in an upside down V shape (but not close together) and did not appear to be planes or helicopters. Anyone seen something similar? They looked round or oblong and silver.
Old Aug 13th, 2007, 06:45 AM

nytraveler:

perhaps your neighbor could use aluminum foil instead of the colander. I think it would probably do the same thing....and it can be molded into different shapes, just to make it interesting.
Old Aug 13th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

loopygirl: hard to tell if yours in a serious post - not saying no but who knows you may be having fun.

But if so were there other reports in media in Birmingham? Did you report that to anyone? The danger of that is being called a kook.
Old Aug 13th, 2007, 09:12 AM

Aha! We're in UFO territory - a bit of an obsession of mine. (I am re-lining my tin-foil hat as I type).

As it happens the sightings of UFOs off the Eastern Coast of England have been happening for years and do in fact have a perfectly logical reason - it's them damn yankees up to no good again.

In the 80's there were loads of sightings of triangular objects moving silently in the night sky - guess what they were? The Iraqis soon found out.

The USAAF use Eastern England as a testing ground as it's where the best radar arrays in Europe (and probably the world) are - if stealth technology can penetrate that array then it's good to go anywhere in the world.

So what's this new thing they're seeing? If i told you i'd have to kill you (possibly by boring you to death) , but if you google project Aurora you'll see what them crazy ham shanks are up to these days (and also why Nasa pays $10,000 for a hammer).

Audere -unlikely Lone Gunman, but there you go.

Old Aug 14th, 2007, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

audere: are you an alien plant?
Old Aug 14th, 2007, 06:32 AM

What is the best fare on UFO from BOS-LHR, what is their record on losing luggage, and what is the seat pitch in economy. I'll book the first passage if they can beat the major airlines!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -