How to visit Capri?

Old Jan 29th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to visit Capri?

My wife and me are going to Italy next March for 10 days. We are Brazilians and Iím going to participate to Rome Marathon, 16th of March and the rest of the time I want to visit some cities. I was reading this forum to choose the cities to visit and became very interested to know Napoli area, such Capri. Many people said that is easy to get by yourself to Capri, but I donít know how and where to stay for a night if you are a budget traveler. Any advice would be very appreciate.
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 04:12 AM

I'm not sure if by "next March" you mean this coming March or March 2009. If this coming March then you will be in Italy during the busy Easter season. If you plan to go to Naples, make train reservations for the ultra high speed train that takes 88 minutes from Rome Termini station to Napoli Centrale. March is usually low season on Capri but with Easter, hotel rates may be up. If you post a hotel budget, maybe someone will have a recommendation, otherwise check sites like Tripadvisor for reviews and rates. The weather can be rainy and the seas rough in March, causing the ferries to Capri to cancel scheduled crossings.
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice and sorry about my English misunderstanding. We are planning to get to Napoli in 13-15 March 2008, I week before the Easter. If I would replace Capri, where worth to go in Napoli area? Vesuvius volcano, Pompeii are my natural options, for while. Any advice would be very appreciate.
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 05:41 AM

That's OK, I just wanted to be sure of your dates. Naples itself is well worth a visit. You can take a tour up to the top of Vesuvious or do it on your own. Pompeii and Herculaneum would be great to visit in March when it's not so hot. Afterward you can visit the Archeological Museum in Naples to see the treasures rescued from those sites. If the day is nice, take the Circumvesuvian commuter train to Sorrento for a gorgeous view of the bay, Naples and Vesuvius. There are many more budget hotels in Naples than Capri; again, check Tripadvisor.
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 08:59 PM

I am very sorry but, really, I want to suggest to check also the status of garbage in Naples because not true the problem is solved and, also because it can happen sudden stikes that interrupt roads and railways.

Vincenzo