How to fly from Loire Valley to Paris

Old Jan 14th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to fly from Loire Valley to Paris

We are thinking of visiting the Loire region & see that the TGV from Paris is very reasonably priced; however, the return from Amboise or Tours to CDG is very expensive. Can we fly from the Loire area to CDG?
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 12:32 PM

According to the SNCF site, there are two ways of getting from Tours (St. Pierre de Corps, 4 km. from Tours) to CDG. One is to take the TGV to Massy and transfer to the RER B to CDG, and the other is to take the TGV at another time and transfer to a TGV in Massy that goes to CDG.

I would think that either option is cheaper than a flight because I doubt that cut-rate airlines offer such an itinerary.
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 01:14 PM

Firstly, asking questions about train travel without providing travel dates will not allow anyone to give you a very informative response.

Secondly, why is it that the TGV to Tours is such a great deal yet the return is not? Prices are generally uniform within a block of travel dates (prices will vary but it´s unlikely that they vary from <i>reasonable</i> to <i>very expensive</i> within just a few days).

Thirdly, it would be useful to know from what source you are obtaining price information.

Lastly, there are no flights from Tours to CDG.
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 02:48 PM

Last July, three of us took TGV train #5264 from Tours St Pierre des Corps directly to CDG 2 TGV for 36 Euros each. It left Tours at 10:23 and arrived at CDG at 12:09. We had reserved 2nd class seats and printed our tickets in the USA when we booked/paid for them online 3 months before our trip. I'm not sure what you are finding but I think it would be hard to beat what we were able to do taking a TGV train. As Sarastro says, more detail would be helpful.
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 06:04 PM

The Loire is way too close to Paris for flights to be a realistic option. Suggest you search farther in terms of trains. Or perhaps just drive back - you will have a car in the Loire won't you - it's extremely difficult to see most chateaux without one - since they are deep in the countryside and not easily reached by public transit.