Notices

Train usage in/around paris (CDG)

Old Feb 25th, 2003, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Train usage in/around paris (CDG)

I want to avoid driving/dropping my rental car at CDG. Is there a direct train to CDG from Tours, Orleans, Massy, or gare montparnasse? Do these trains all require a changeover to the airport train? I can drop my car anywhere and then train into CDG.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 02:23 PM

No ordinary trains go to CDG, except the shuttle train Paris - CDG.
You must manage to reach one of its Paris stops (exemple: Gare du Nord).
Have a look at:
http://www.citefutee.com/orienter/plans.php
Click Accès Aéroports, it shows the shuttle train itinerary and its stops.
Check if your train arrives at Gare du Nord.
Otherwise, board the métro and proceed to one of the shuttle train stops.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 02:41 PM

There are TGVs from CDG that stop in Tours, I believe (I think some TGVs to Bordeaux stop in Tours). It's been awhile since I've taken that route, though, so check it out on www.sncf.com
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 04:25 PM

Yes, you can drop your car in Massy (this is an Autoeurope drop point) and get a TGV directly to CDG2. I looked into this sometime back as I was considering doing the same as you. There is also apparently an RER (line B) that goes from there to CDG 1 or 2 but the TGV is quicker - about 50 minutes. If I recall correctly the AE drop point is at the TGV station so that would be convenient.

You can check this all out on the SNCF site below. If your date is within the next 2 months you can click on "Book and Buy Tickets," otherwise click on "Timetable." (You can't actually book tickets less than 60 days out.)For departure station type in Massy. For destination station, click on "select here" and choose Airport CDG2 TGV. Choose your time bracket and click on Proceed. You'll see lots of choices.

http://www.voyages-sncf.com/dynamic/_SvHomePage?
_DLG=SvHomePage&_CMD=cmdHomepageUK&WB=HP
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 04:39 PM

I forgot to say, you can also drop your car in Tours and get a TGV to CDG from there. The shortest amount of time is just under 2 hrs. The longer times involve trains that have layovers at St. Pierre des Corps, just outside of Tours. That is where the TGV train stops. If you could arrange to drop your car there, you would have a greater choice of departure times with no layover. Use the same site as above; just put in Tours instead of Massy.