Search

How to?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Hope

How to?

Arriving in London at 7am on a Tuesday in November, What is the best means of transportation to get to the Marriott County Hall on Westminster Bridge Rd? The Heathrow express to Paddington or a London transfer service? Would apprecitate your help.....

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Alana

I generally take the express in to Paddington then hail a black cab or use the underground from there. Black cab if the destination is a bit off from a station or I've packed quite a bit, otherwise underground if I've packed light. Never hurts to ask your hotel concierge as well.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Patrick

Are you traveling alone? If so, Alana has the best suggestion. If there are two or more of you, then the cost of that approximates the cost of a private car service which is a lot easier (but about the same amount of time in total). <BR>I suggest Swiss Cottage Cars. I believe the total cost will be 25 pounds (haven't booked since this past summer). That's about 9 pounds less than most of the other services I've found. No website, you need to call 44-207-431-2700. It would be nice if they had a website to save you the cost of a phone call, but doubt that the phone call would cost you the $ 13 to $14 difference you will spend.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Hope

Thanks for the advice, as a matter of fact there will be 3 of us going to the hotel. My primary concern was traffic that time of morning VS cost. Will it be rush hour? therefore the train a faster alternative?

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Patrickq

The train (Heathrow Express) will get you into London much quicker, but it's a pretty good ride from Paddington to Marriott County Hall, which would be very slow. Airport to hotel, I'd think the two would be pretty much the same. It seems no matter where or how bad the early morning traffic is, it is always right at an hour from Heathrow to the door of my flat in Covent Garden.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Hope

Thanks for the advice Patrick. It will be much more relaxing than lugging all of our things from train to taxi as well.