Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How is this itinerary for 3 generations in Spain?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone!

I am grateful for the help I am getting here and thought I would ask how my itinerary looks for touring adalucia with 3 generations ( 80, 50's and a 6 yo).

We are on a world tour and this is my FIL 80th birthday present as he is of Spanish heritage and always wanted to see Spain.This is their fist visit to Spain ( 3 adults) and I wanted to give them a nice taste as it may well be the last.

I want to get great pics of the 3 generations visiting these places together and make a special book later.It needs to be geared to an 80 year old ( fit) and a 6yo ( who likes museums and is a great traveler).

They will spend 3 days in Madrid at Hostal La Plata without us. He is an artist ( as is his son ,my husband) so will see the art their primarily.

We will pick them up at Malaga airport and take them to a time share that they have booked at the Marriot in Marbella.Rest and get groceries and visit.

Monday do Ronda see bull ring ( he likes bull fights) , old town and have lunch at the parador. Rest and visit in the evening at the marriot.

Drive to Sevilla early and stay at Armadeus in Santa Cruz barrio. See sites, do tapas, see flamenco at Casa Carmen in Triana.

Go to Cordoba on 9am AVE ,do mosque ,old town and lunch .Head back to Seville, rest, do tapas ,see Flamenco at Casa de la memoria de Al-andalus .

Go to Jerez for horse show ( front row) and tour of sherry bodega. Head back to Marriot to rest and visit.

Friday go to Malaga and see Picasso museum ,house and old town , lunch at Parador Gilfabar (sp? ) for view. Visit and rest at Marriot .

Sat see Nerja caves and balcony of Europe and have lunch at Parador or paella on beach.Go to our white village house and rest and have dinner there.

Sunday horse tour around our village on horse back. Visit our village ( let my 6yo give the tour of "her Spanish village" and introduce all the shop keepers and restaurant owners and people she knows.

Monday go to Alhambra with a good friend who is a wonderful tour guide.

Tuesday another easy day of rest in our village and seeing my childs school here etc.

What do you Spain experts think?

http://www.soultravelers3.com/

Old Feb 5th, 2007, 06:48 PM

ttt
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 10:41 PM
car

You are not mentioning the time of the year, your trip will happen.
Pace should be slower in summer.
Rgds
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Original Poster

Sorry about not naming dates, they arrive in Malaga on March 4th ,so it is coming right up.

It is at a faster pace than I like to do, but they want to see as much as possible ( without wearing out the 80yo altho he is fairly fit) as it may be the only trip to Spain.

If it is too fast we will leave some out ( probably Picasso and maybe even Rhonda & Nerja caves).

They leave on the 14th of March and we set out on 7 months on the road on April 1st ..moving and touring in Europe.

So we will return to Seville and Cordoba for Holy Week and will meet a friend from here who was born and raised in Cordoba to guide us.

We will have a little more time then to explore before we go into Morocco , up to Barcelona, ferry over to Italy, onto Greece, Turkey, following weather up thru eastern Europe, fly into Russia for quick visit etc.,etc.

We will also be back next winter for 5 months in Spain so will see more then.

I am looking at and booking lots of things at once, so I appreciate the help as it is not the kind of trip where I can do my months and months of planning.

http://www.soultravelers3.com/
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 06:23 AM

Sounds like a great trip! You can always miss any must see stop, but I really enjoyed Ronda.

jc